Mark Halsey

What a bizarre decision to not allow the Wednesday player to contest the drop ball, indicate that they had to give us the ball back only for Quinn to put the ball out for a throw-in deep in our half. We had the ball on the edge of their area when he blew up because the player was down. We would have been better contesting the drop ball but it seemed to me that Halsey wouldnt allow it which is completley against the rules of the game as far as I am aware.

Poor decision from the ref............................but a more scummy decision from United not to give us the ball back properly.

Yeah that was disgraceful. Yeovil-esque. Quite blatently gave the ball back to us as awkwardly as possible!

A couple of odd decisions but easily the best we've had all season. Some people seem to think we've got a divine right to get every decision going our way. simpletons

This ^^^^ embarrasing today when fans started singing we only get poo refs...........to be honest its getting boring

Edited by w.owl

Guest Cheeryble

We won't have a better ref for the rest of the season. He let the game flow most of the time, apart from when the pigs feigned head injuries. There were no major bust ups between the opposing players and I think the ref can take a lot of credit for that because he seemed to step in to quash any nastiness before it spilled over.

I'm pretty surprised that the consensus appears to be that he had a good game.

A few things that I thought he got wrong (although happy to be corrected).

1st half lines got in front of their player, took it round another, was through to play Lowe in or take it on himself and it got brought back for a free kick. What on Earth for?

When we were on attacks with extra men forward, one of their players sat down and he stopped the play. What on Earth for? It couldn't be a head injury as there wasn't anyone near them! Since when does someone sitting down and holding their head mean that they have called a "timeout"? Utter rubbish, cheating by them, and the ref should know better.

Their dive in the box when Semedo was about a metre away should have been a booking.

Their wrestling O'Grady and Jones should have been a couple of penalties.

After Jones reacted to being wrestled by pushing/elbowing their player he should have been booked or sent off.

In the 2nd half, why was he always looking to the linesman to make decisions for him, when he was 5x closer?

He got conned over and over again by their players running into ours, then going to ground as soon as possible. If anything deliberately jumping into one of our players is a foul on us!

When we were on attacks with extra men forward, one of their players sat down and he stopped the play. What on Earth for? It couldn't be a head injury as there wasn't anyone near them! Since when does someone sitting down and holding their head mean that they have called a "timeout"? Utter rubbish, cheating by them, and the ref should know better.

TBH it is the right course of action to stop the game if a player has inexplicably gone down and is holding their head - if all the ref sees is a player on the floor holding their head without knowing why then he should stop the game.

I thought he was poor. So many soft fouls given to the Blades falling when a player just brushes 'em.

Wasn't the worst ref we've seen but wasn't the best either (that said they've all been poo poo to be honest).

Edited by owls66

TBH it is the right course of action to stop the game if a player has inexplicably gone down and is holding their head - if all the ref sees is a player on the floor holding their head without knowing why then he should stop the game.

Yeh I do get that. The third time of doing it was a bit tedius though, and then when he went over they were telling him not to call the trainer on so they didn't have to go off. Instead of having 3 v 3 at their end of the pitch, we get a throw in deep in our own half with them trying to box us in.

Maybe that's not really the referee's fault, just the fact they are unsporting cheats.

Edited by nebneeb

Owls 2-0 Blades nil on his watch and this swayed many of his petty decisions which got right up our noses early on. But on the big stuff he did ok, Jones/McGuire for example. At least Halsey lets the game flow a little and is tolerant of the odd profanity.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl