Bostock

How many games has Bostocknplayed in his best / preferred position on centre midfield......I'll give you a clue, its less than one.

Bostock showed glimses of what he can do at MK and there were things he did today that no other Wednesday player could.

I'm not saying he's set the world on fire but let's give him a chance to start a game in his preferred position before we go overboard with the criticism

Did i miss something ????

I'll give you a clue , he can't tackle , he can't head , he cannot pass , he has no battling attributes , and he gives away penalties .

Hi all,

Palace fan here. Very interesting to read your thoughts on Bostock, when he was with us he was rated as one of the most promising youngsters in the country, but money spoke and off he went. Obviously, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The Bostock situation is still a sore topic of conversation for many Palace fans, although many of our youngsters now seem to have a more mature head on their shoulders and are deciding in favour of regular first team football, rather than the £££ that Bostock chose.

On a personal level, it is quite satisfying to see how little he has done. When he first broke into our first team, he openly talked about being a lifelong Palace fan who, as long as he was playing for us, would not want to be anywhere else. Judging by this thread, and his failed loan spells elsewhere, it seems as though he can't be bothered with the football at all, as he obviously believes he is above clubs such as ours and yours. It's a shame that another football team have to suffer the unbearable frustration of his arrogance.

Good luck for the season!

Hi all,

Palace fan here. Very interesting to read your thoughts on Bostock, when he was with us he was rated as one of the most promising youngsters in the country, but money spoke and off he went. Obviously, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The Bostock situation is still a sore topic of conversation for many Palace fans, although many of our youngsters now seem to have a more mature head on their shoulders and are deciding in favour of regular first team football, rather than the £££ that Bostock chose.

On a personal level, it is quite satisfying to see how little he has done. When he first broke into our first team, he openly talked about being a lifelong Palace fan who, as long as he was playing for us, would not want to be anywhere else. Judging by this thread, and his failed loan spells elsewhere, it seems as though he can't be bothered with the football at all, as he obviously believes he is above clubs such as ours and yours. It's a shame that another football team have to suffer the unbearable frustration of his arrogance.

Good luck for the season!

You wouldnt want him in your team again!

SHYBO!

How many games has Bostocknplayed in his best / preferred position on centre midfield......I'll give you a clue, its less than one.

Bostock showed glimses of what he can do at MK and there were things he did today that no other Wednesday player could.

I'm not saying he's set the world on fire but let's give him a chance to start a game in his preferred position before we go overboard with the criticism

Fully agree that it's clear he's being played out of position, and I don't think that is helping him readjust to playing regular football. However, I genuinely didn't see him do a single thing today that "no other Wednesday player could". Not one thing. His only memorable 'highlight' of the game was his very good delivery from a corner in the first half followed by him bringing down a hopeful hoofed ball down on his chest and delivering it into the area again. That 30 second spell was about as good as it got from Bostock today. It's a game and a performance he'll want to forget in a hurry.

You wouldnt want him in your team again!

SHYBO!

He wouldn't be welcome! How many games has he played for you? I hadn't heard about the loan, I assumed he was still stagnating in Spurs Reserves!

Please, I know you like making against the grain controversial statements on here, but that is so funny I can't believe people are even considering replying to it.

Well done Ian, well done.

as already referred to he can deliver a dead ball like no other player we've got, his bringing down of the ball and crossing with the wrong foot in the right hand corner and a similar bit of control and quick pass in the 2nd half were all things no one else can do........can't understand why we get players in and play them out of position....I'd have Bostock over Prutton and Lines for the next 3 games in the centre and then make a decision

You know me, I normally point out that football is a team game and I don't like subjecting individual players to criticism. The only exceptions for me have been Darren Potter who was absolutely w4nk, and recently Bywater, who recently has seemed to let in everything fired at him. Fair enough, Bywater made a few saves today, so I'll shut up moaning about him for a while.

But this Bostock geezer. This is just a flipping joke signing, it has to be. He is absolutely flipping atrocious. First bus back to Tottenham as far as I'm concerned, but I have to say I'm not surprised.

If anyone did any checking, as I did when we signed him, you'd have seen he got nowhere near Spurs first team this season, even in the games where Spurs gave their youngsters a chance. He couldn't get into the side in front of younger players than himself.

You have to wonder why the hell did we sign him on loan then? Could we not even attract/afford a 'better' Tottenham youngster!?

Things like this wee wee me off bigstyle , young kids would give their eye teeth to have the chance that he has got , they would run their blood to water ,these kids don't get a look in , and yet these flippingso called wonderkids can't be arsed ,because stupid idiots keep giving them a lifeline ,,and all this crap about prefered position , when i played i would run my guts out no matter where the manager played me, and i daresay many of you would given the chance ,with some players it's all about the easy payday ,and Bostik is one of them ,otherwise prove us wrong or p off back to spurs

as already referred to he can deliver a dead ball like no other player we've got, his bringing down of the ball and crossing with the wrong foot in the right hand corner and a similar bit of control and quick pass in the 2nd half were all things no one else can do........can't understand why we get players in and play them out of position....I'd have Bostock over Prutton and Lines for the next 3 games in the centre and then make a decision

I would be surprised if he ever plays for us again after that abject performance , chances of him starting centre mid against UTD ......... Zero .