McGoldrick Returns To Forest

maybe stick wi 3 & get an emergency loan if needed due to injury etc, rather keep marshall. saying that if we can get a lightening winger who could also play off madine etc, that might work

Edited by Ash77

Between Madine, Lowe, COG, JJ and Marshall I think we have enough of an attacking threat. Also bear in mind we have Prutton and Palmer who can fill in out wide if need be.

I can't believe we are still talking about players 'filling in if need be'. We're not Worksop Town you know.

And as for wingers playing up front, that is another position that we are short in, especially if Marshall leaves in January.

Dont think Morrison will be coming back, I think he could have been one of them who was involved in the Ipad/Stevenage incident.

Madine, O'Grady, Lowe, JJ, Uchechi are all capable of playin there, with loan market if necessary.

McGoldrick wasnt match fit, that was obvious, but he did ok in his short spell.

i'd be happy with Morrison coming back and fighting for a place alongside the Goal Machine

can't be doing that bad knocking in 3 goals in 4 games for Dons .. although he has got Potter pulling the strings for him in midfield!

Think Morrison's ego would rather him be a big fish in a little MK pond than a smaller fish in Wednesday's (go on I'll say it) .....massive pond.

As a massive forest fan he's not guna leave without having a crack under the new manager...

Good luck to him.

I reckon that'll be the case.

I'll be astonished if we'd have been unwilling to extend his loan contract. Megson gone on record stating the importance of competition and having four strikers in the squad, all who are of the ability to be able to perform consistently.

Dont think Morrison will be coming back, I think he could have been one of them who was involved in the Ipad/Stevenage incident.

Madine, O'Grady, Lowe, JJ, Uchechi are all capable of playin there, with loan market if necessary.

McGoldrick wasnt match fit, that was obvious, but he did ok in his short spell.

That's the problem with all loan signings though isn't it?

And that's another reason why I'd find it hard to believe Wednesday didn't want to extend his contract. McGoldrick would have been getting fitter during his loan, and so by the end of his loan, we'd have got a striker who would have been full fit.

If we go down the emergency loan route, we'd be starting from stratch once again. An unfit striker, with no knowledge of how we play and what is expected of them.

Morrison's loan is up at the weekend, anyone think he'll be coming back?

Or do you reckon we'll have someone else lined up?

Just seen a tweet from his mrs. Says "come on Megson you ginger haired spaz, get our Clinton back and show some gonads you tosspot. He's the best player you've ever had"

So it can't be long now.

ps - I made it up.

Cheers for the hard work Dave and best of luck for the future. Madine and COGba are obviously current first choice- but Lowe has come here to play football so he will be wanting game time. At a push JJ or Marshall can go up front or we can get another loan in so wouldn't be too surprised if Clinton doesn't come back. If we extend his loan we can keep him match fit and still recall him in an emergency anyway!

I also expect there'll be two or three new faces in January as long as we are still competing at the top end so won't be worrying too much...

Clinton may as well stay at MK. During the second month of an emergency loan, the loaning club (SWFC) can call back whenever they need to. If lowe is fit as suggested then he will be on the bench. JJ can fill in if we lost 2 strikers during a game.

Therefore Clinton may as well continue getting 90 mins every week until we need him (Through injuries or loss of form). At least then he will be match fit when called upon.