Todays Atmos

It will improve as the season progresses. Were that attuned to utter poo football, our eyes can't comprehend the fact that we have a midfield, make forward passes and can dominate teams.

We will get better. MUCH MUCH better as the season progresses, and the crowds and atmosphere will improve accordingly.

it will if we get better players in...

we are at a cross roads at this time...

if we don't add now, then i doubt we will get much higher than our present position...

but with a couple more attacking options, who knows what heights we can hit...

and as you say the crowds and atmosphere will be swept along accordingly...

Season ticket holder down the front of the kop. First match I could get to today. Eugh, like a f@cking morgue. Some people desperately need to sink a few beforehand or something. When did the front of the kop become the new South??

been saying it for ages now, if you want some atmosphere, banter, and a laugh...

NW corner...

been saying it for ages now, if you want some atmosphere, banter, and a laugh...

NW corner...

Have always sat there when I've bought one-off tickets over the last few years, but went for a season ticket this season so went on the kop for cheapness etc. Great view where we're at, but we're going to have to lift the European Cup before we'll get a peep out of prawn butty brigade around us.

Guest londonowl1

Sad to see hillsborough like it is on match days at the moment.

Always feels such a negative place, with the fans just waiting to jump on the players back.

Suppose its down to years of watching a poor struggling side.

If we can stay in and around top 6 im sure the attendances and atmosphere will become more positive.

Two years ago that fixture had 21,500 there. 6 years ago in this division we were getting 23,000 regularly. It's very frustrating and we can make the usual excuses but in the end attendances are poor for who we think we are. Success will improve attendances but overall the simple fact is that it's too expensive to watch football. Third division football is not worth over £20. Bradford City are useless and in the 4th but still get 9,000 because season tickets are dirt cheap. Derby have consistently got good crowds while being mediocre...Why? Well, I have a friend whose ST there costs £270 with the first cup game free and if he misses a game he can bring a friend next game for free.(don't ask how that works I'm only passing on what he told me). His average cost is £11.25 a game in the division above us.

We have a huge potential fanbase and hopefully, a bandwagon beginning to roll, imagine our crowds if it was £15 (a fair price, I think) a ticket. I realise it's more complicated than that with ST already sold but I'm a ST holder, I wouldn't mind if the club siad it's now £15 a game, £5 for kids for the rest of the season.

It's simple, footballs too expensive.

Two years ago that fixture had 21,500 there. 6 years ago in this division we were getting 23,000 regularly. It's very frustrating and we can make the usual excuses but in the end attendances are poor for who we think we are. Success will improve attendances but overall the simple fact is that it's too expensive to watch football. Third division football is not worth over £20. Bradford City are useless and in the 4th but still get 9,000 because season tickets are dirt cheap. Derby have consistently got good crowds while being mediocre...Why? Well, I have a friend whose ST there costs £270 with the first cup game free and if he misses a game he can bring a friend next game for free.(don't ask how that works I'm only passing on what he told me). His average cost is £11.25 a game in the division above us.

We have a huge potential fanbase and hopefully, a bandwagon beginning to roll, imagine our crowds if it was £15 (a fair price, I think) a ticket. I realise it's more complicated than that with ST already sold but I'm a ST holder, I wouldn't mind if the club siad it's now £15 a game, £5 for kids for the rest of the season.

Spot on. The last few times the grounds been full is when the tickets were much cheaper. A lot of people will not pay nearly £20 (or more, depending on where you sit) to watch league 1 football.

Spot on. People will pay the money if its a special game, first game, last game, pig game. For an ordinary league one game which is what scunny was they will not pay up unless its a good deal. Added to the fact we now appear to have shot ourselves in the foot with overpriced poor quality food and drink people think twice before coming. I would also add that the band do make a difference and should be at every game that is classed as a mediocre attraction, for a big game such as the pigs their services will be less required as everybody is already up for it.

The fact they are contractually obligated to support a Leeds based rugby side on the day Wednesday are playing is a disgrace, I am utterly shocked at the sheer crassness of the situation in which the fans at Hillsborough are led to believe we should be motivated by exactly what is making football so soulless - the corporate infestation of glamour of attention and money.

We are an average League One side in a cavernous stadium playing poor opposition in uncertain circumstances - thus we have a more than half empty stadium watching a side that nearly threw away a much needed win yesterday.

Of course the atmosphere was going to be poor, it's not rocket science.

Heres an idea, why not allow an atmosphere to develop organically in relation to how the club asserts itself in the league. We buy more players, we win more games, we see better performances and play games that have a key role in promotion and even a 16,000 attendance can sound impressive - however by then we will hopefully be seeing gates of 26,000.

What you can't do however is attempt to create a false atmosphere, a quick fix that you rely on and isn't a reflection on what is happening on the pitch, after all, if we are doing poor the tense grumbles and encouraging screams of support are drowned out by a few brass instruments that act like a form of censorship.

But thats fine, have your band with its embarrasing music and, lets be honest, questionable motives for playing and enjoy your silly, contrived and backward idea of atmosphere that simply dilutes the crowd rather than enhance it and plays depending on which shirt they pull on in the morning.

Up The Rhinos.

Agreed.

Was like being on the South stand at times at the back of the kop today.

More people bothered about the purple teddy, in saying that I sat at the back of the kop today rather than the south stand and the atmosphere was fantastic in comparison.

Guest intercity0wl

The 'Wednesday' band as they call themselves were at Wembley yesterday cheering on the Leeds Rhinos.

I've always supported them and thought they were brill for the atmosphere but that's it I've done with em.

Nothing more than Leeds scum.

How imature

Guest philkingsmullet

This is a fantastic post. Sums up my feelings.

[quote name=Arthur Bach'

timestamp='1314531100' post='3149976]

The fact they are contractually obligated to support a Leeds based rugby side on the day Wednesday are playing is a disgrace, I am utterly shocked at the sheer crassness of the situation in which the fans at Hillsborough are led to believe we should be motivated by exactly what is making football so soulless - the corporate infestation of glamour of attention and money.

We are an average League One side in a cavernous stadium playing poor opposition in uncertain circumstances - thus we have a more than half empty stadium watching a side that nearly threw away a much needed win yesterday.

Of course the atmosphere was going to be poor, it's not rocket science.

Heres an idea, why not allow an atmosphere to develop organically in relation to how the club asserts itself in the league. We buy more players, we win more games, we see better performances and play games that have a key role in promotion and even a 16,000 attendance can sound impressive - however by then we will hopefully be seeing gates of 26,000.

What you can't do however is attempt to create a false atmosphere, a quick fix that you rely on and isn't a reflection on what is happening on the pitch, after all, if we are doing poor the tense grumbles and encouraging screams of support are drowned out by a few brass instruments that act like a form of censorship.

But thats fine, have your band with its embarrasing music and, lets be honest, questionable motives for playing and enjoy your silly, contrived and backward idea of atmosphere that simply dilutes the crowd rather than enhance it and plays depending on which shirt they pull on in the morning.

Up The Rhinos.

Its over a decade of fvckin' sh*te, thats the problem, allayed, I agree to overpricing thats endemic in football...its not simply winning, its the club showing it WANTS to win, and after the Mellor and ALF furore, have the incumbents of the club shown they want to take this division by the scruff of the neck ?...in my opinion they have not......and i know we can all whitter on of "We would not have a club today if had not been for A B or C...." ...but we have a club, and were told this club was going places..it ain't at the minute.

Now if Milan had said summatt like "listen lads we have escaped from the mire and it will be a few years yet before we can expect owt like a football team" I could accept that and would still be grateful....i still am, but Wednesdays crowds are down because of years of skull splitting dullness...years of fvckin' trudgin' to unattractive games, towns, stadiums, of being flipping humiliated in our own bloody back yard.

Its no surprise that some Owls fans have thrown their hands up and said "f ck this for a game of Dominos"..its a soul destroying crock of poo this..and its not all to do with payin' £3 for a can of stones or £20 on the "Turnstile to tawdriness"...its simply because folk have had enough of being told how bleedin'... "special they are" of being told how "massive the fanbase/ club/ whatever is....its worked for over 10 years at Hillsborough...this bloody condescending crap.

There are fans missing from the Hillsborough seats that have finally given up the ghost, and these are folk that actually have saved the club...that kept going through wind, hail, sleet an' fvckin' Sflaphorpe.....what the bloody hell have they had back?....nowt....not a free bloody pie, not a can o coke....simply more mean nowt plaudits....yer fvckin' pet cat would see through it in a couple o days...we've stood it for years...

still lets be patient...eh?

Edited by asteener1867

Guest totemowl
I live 2 roads past Wednesday ground and last week I heard every goal from my house but didn't hear nothin today.wat was attendance
I think matching the reading offer would have been acceptable.I do my part by turning up every home match.like I said we were told we would have the biggest budget THIS season and we havnt spent hardly anything.in my opinion there isn't much difference between L1 an L2 so think he would score the same If he would have come to us.as for championship an above I wouldn take the gamble

There's a word for people like you.