Todays Atmos

Guest gringo69

So we have a band that are no more than corporate whores then, obviously got a better offer from a sport invented to passify the working classes, so not OUR band then.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough never needed a band at one stage, it was immense, and not just top flight either.

Boxing Day, Burnley FA Cup to name but two and not a rusty trombone in sight......

A real atmosphere would drown out the band anyway and you need something happening on the pitch to maintain an atmosphere at home.

Guest totemowl
So we have a band that are no more than corporate whores then, obviously got a better offer from a sport invented to passify the working classes, so not OUR band then.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough never needed a band at one stage, it was immense, and not just top flight either.

Boxing Day, Burnley FA Cup to name but two and not a rusty trombone in sight......

A real atmosphere would drown out the band anyway and you need something happening on the pitch to maintain an atmosphere at home.

Partly agree with that. I thought it was ok for the most part yesterday, but when we lost our shape and conceded goals the crowd went very quiet. Understandable given what tended to happen last year.

But a real atmosphere needs to come from the fans just as it used to do. I felt that in those quiet moments, everyone was waiting for someone to get things started. Perhaps because we've been so used to the band, that doesnt happen as easily.

Edited by totemowl

Have always sat there when I've bought one-off tickets over the last few years, but went for a season ticket this season so went on the kop for cheapness etc. Great view where we're at, but we're going to have to lift the European Cup before we'll get a peep out of prawn butty brigade around us.

you don't sit in the N/W corner, or you can't see...

How imature

And why's that then? Are you happy for supposedly our band to be playing our songs to cheer a team on from Leeds?

I don't care if they get paid or not they are meant to be Wednesdayites.

It's not like they work in the Leeds ticket office, they are actually willing a Leeds team on to win.

Get rid.

Edited by ClaireTheDonnyOwl

Guest Triplej2

It was a weird one on saturday, at times it felt like a friendly due to being 2 nil up and apparently comfortable, after that I think everyone was a bit confused as to how things were gonna end up. I also think the Hillsborough crowd has collectively forgotten how to be partisan unless given extreme circumstances like Ultra important matches such as against united.

As crowds grow and wins are more and more likely I think we'll grow into it and lose the uncertainty.

As someone said earlier, people need to stop living in the past.

When looking at stadium redevelopment, we want to move towards a smaller stadium of around 32,000. Follow the Juventus model and acknowledge we won't fill a 40,000 stadium on a regular basis, even in the premier league.

( just my opinion, not based on any survey etc)