Chris O'Grady

I fractured my heel last year but still had several x rays despite my whole foot & ankle resembling the elephant man having an allergic reaction to peanuts!!!!

Have you made a full recovery and if so how are you fixed for playing Saturday?

Riles me this one, when COG signed I'm sure he mentioned that he was a little upset that he was asked to rush back for the game against us whilst at Rochdale and that after arriving he was told he wouldn't be rushed and would only play when he was fully fit (not match fit tho).

Then low and behold we make a completely rash decision and injure him further, if Paul Smith didn't advise him not to play then take the man's advice he's the blooming professional and if were' not using his knowledge then stop paying his wages and employ a muted masseuse ffs.

Just reaks of typical Wednesday, and to add insult to injury we all could see he was struggling about ten minutes before he came off, at one point he had some other boots lined up to put on.

Guest JonTheOwl66

You can have an x-ray with swellings. I recently had an x-ray on my knee. I'd imagine if he had a fracture it would be an x-ray. CT scans tend to be for muscles don't they?

You can have an x-ray with swellings. I recently had an x-ray on my knee. I'd imagine if he had a fracture it would be an x-ray. CT scans tend to be for muscles don't they?

No, they are used for making cross sectional and 3d images of the body, and very often used for head/brain trauma/investigation, but not exclusively (obviously)

Swelling does not affect X-rays, CT Scan or MRI Scans.

I would imagine, if all the rumours are true, COG would have had an x-ray originally to see if their was any break, and if there was, it's likely a CT Scan would have been performed, purely because the calcaneum is a dense bone which requires more than the 2D image a x-ray gives you.

If it was decided that an operation was required to correct the fracture (a calcaneal fracture are often complex, difficult to reduce and require lengthy rehab), then the swelling would need to be reduced before going ahead with the op.

It's worrying news though, if COG has indeed fractured his calcanem. Just shows what a horrendous decision it was, to play him despite not been 100% fit.

I think someone mentioned the other day that he was wearing a space boot. This is usually used to treat stress fractures so it would seem likely that this is the injury if true. That = 6-8 weeks healing time and however long it takes to get match fitness. The good news is once they heal, they are fixed and its not something that should cause recoccuring problems.

Guest wilyfox

Looking forward to seeing him play when fully fit.

We're being a little unlucky with injuries at the moment which is why a smaller squad may hinder us.

me too. i feel a bit sorry for O'Grady. much has been said of the decision to play him, but, a debut should be a memorable occasion for a player. how's he gonna look back on the game?...unfit, unable to do himself or the team justice; withdrawn after half an hour. sad.