COdy McDonald

How can they swap someone they've released?

Just what I read on the Norwich forum mate. It was on the 17th of July though.

Happy days then, hopefully we can snap him up.

Why would United release Ched though? Surely he was worth a transfer fee?

Swap deal involving ched evans according to the norwich forums?

I doubt Norwich are looking for another striker in reality- they've already got plenty of them and that's why they're offloading McDonald and Johnson. (They've still got Holt, Jackson, Wilbraham, Morison, Chris Martin and James Vaughan and are only allowed a squad of 25 players.)

I think the Evans link is just because he had a very successful loan spell there a few years ago and is still well thought of by Norwich fans.

How can they swap someone they've released?

They haven't been released as far as i'm aware.

People have misunderstood the link i think- Norwich have told them to find new clubs and want rid of them, but they haven't cancelled their contracts and they remain Norwich players for the time being.

Just looked on his Wikipedia page, the lad certainly scores a lot of goals.

Didnt realise he was 25 though, thought he was younger than that.

He is older than a lot of people think because he didn't appear from non-league until quite late when Norwich took a gamble on him after they took him on trial from Dartford.

He will do the business somewhere next season i'm sure of it, i just hope it's either with us or (damage limitation) for a Championship side.

its all a made up rumour from owlstalk, megson hasnt said we're interested and might not even know who the hell he is. unless he reads this forum i doubt we'll get him, mind you, would still love it

I don't think anyone has suggested we were in for him?

It was just a name mentioned. Surely worth a look though?

I don't think anyone has suggested we were in for him?

It was just a name mentioned. Surely worth a look though?

christ only knows what letter of the alphabet we're on now for our plans...

we were (if you were to believe all that was written, and rumoured) after this, that, and the other...

apart from the utter bolox relating to tyson (what seems ages ago)...

we've been linked to mellor (ongoing), and o'grady...

i haven't seen much else relating to forwards, (other than milan mentioning scotland, and then it going very quiet?) lol

looks as though with us only having the knock back on o'grady, then we should still have a plan C, and D to target in relation to strikers...

if we are, we need to start pursuing them, i'd love to know the attacking options on megson's lists that he gave to milan...

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

id pretty much take all or any of the 6 that Norwich have just released. If Mcdonald is in talks with Oldham then we should really be looking to snaffle that one.

id certainly rather have him than gamble on le Fondre.

It's probably more risky taking Cody Mc than Le Fondre! Le Fondre has scored 50 odd goals in two years at Rovrum and similar at Rochdale before that! Cody's only had one season in pro-football, but I'd still be absolutely delighted with signing either of them lol

Guest BirdonaMaguire

You could counter argue that McDonald has spent two to three years at a big club so would be less overawed