COdy McDonald

Guest super mandaric

I didn't realise McDonald was on loan in League Two all last season.

Can anyone explain to me why everyone seems to be creaming themselves over Cody, yet many are vociferously against signing Le Fondre who scored more goals in the same league at a worse team then?

Yeah, Le Fondre might cost us 4 or 500k, but before his apparent release from Norwich wouldn't McDonald have been the same (at least)?

Been reported that they want 1.5 million for Le Fondre. But tbf it was reported in the sun, so it's likely to be a load of poo poo.

Guest 03 owl

Been reported that they want 1.5 million for Le Fondre. But tbf it was reported in the sun, so it's likely to be a load of poo poo.

Tony Stewart said 500k minimum.

Guest super mandaric

Tony Stewart said 500k minimum.

Where's he said this. Also said here that Rotherham want 1.5m for Le Fondre.

Edited by super mandaric

Guest 03 owl

He said it on Rs last week, when he was talking about Sflaphorpe put an offer in for him :) that it would take 500k plus to take him away they do want to keep all of there assets to mount a challenge, really impressed how he came back from pre season all the usual stuff etc etc .

Guest 03 owl

The Sky Blues reportedly made a £500,000 bid for the 24-year-old goalscorer but the Millers wanted £1.5m for the player.

The Telegraph understands that the Sky Blues were interested in bringing Le Fondre to the Ricoh Arena but have not made a bid.

And it is understood that the fact that the Millers are looking for a fee for the striker rules cash-strapped City out of the equation.

The bold bits in that link what you posted might give you an indication that Coventry are skint and just interested :biggrin:

i have no idea if he's any good or not having never seen him play just as most on here havnt but i'm sure megson knows plenty about him and he hasnt seemed to show any interest so thats good enough for me .megson signs good players who he wants not bodies to fill a shirt like we have in the past .

id pretty much take all or any of the 6 that Norwich have just released. If Mcdonald is in talks with Oldham then we should really be looking to snaffle that one.

id certainly rather have him than gamble on le Fondre.

Guest intercity0wl

I think he would be a quality signing the only trouble is Megson has never mentioned him and we've never been linked with him. I'd really like him to come but i just dont think this one will happen.

I aint got a clue on this, but Norwich are a Premiership club which is where we are supposedly looking for a couple of strikers.