Over the moon we won BUT

I'm very worried that one of (if not both) of these will get new contracts.

I can't criticise O'Connor's effort but he's not good enough, I'm concerned Megson wants to keep him.

Potter may have scored today (all credit) but he 100% has to go.

In a long tough season I have no problem with JOC as a squad player only. BUT we must have 3 better CM in front of him. At the moment Tommy Miller is the only one.

Does tha' know, I've been going 40 years, and the ONLY thing that matters to me is Wednesday winning. The managers tactics worked and we won. If we'd done that in only 3 other matches (Leyton Orient, Rochdale and Exeter who were the 3 under the playoffs prematch) we would now have a chance of going up and replacing United.

I'm very worried that one of (if not both) of these will get new contracts.

I can't criticise O'Connor's effort but he's not good enough, I'm concerned Megson wants to keep him.

Potter may have scored today (all credit) but he 100% has to go.

Megson clearly feels that O Connor has plenty to offer, and im sure he has his own reasons.

Megson asked for one thing from the players a few weeks ago, lots of running, and O Connor has given him that by the bucket load to be fair,

I think Megson would rather have O Connor dying for his shirt, than Coke or Jones walking around with hands in pockets,

Never going to be his biggest fan, but he put in another decent shift today.

Why would anyone want to moan about today, is beyond me?

No pressure on the players, the whole team worked as a complete unit today JOC and potter included.

OK they are not the most gifted of players, but the work rate today was second to none.

The only way out of godforsaken league next season is with a work rate that was shown today, grab a goal, and frustrate other teams into making errors.

We can have the flair players when we are back in the premiership.

Until that happens we are going to have to put up with grafters like JOC etc , Swindon were all but down at kick off, all they had left was to play for was a bit of pride, today’s result could have been very different.

Give me a team full of grafters next season, with a little bit of quality to bulk the squad out with, and we will go back up.

Enjoy your football next season lads; I’m going to if we play like we did today!

Edited by andrewowl

I agree with fras. Today was different to earlier in the season under Irvine. Today we played crap but we were still comfortable, as oppose to clinging on.

I agree.

Earlier this season when Irvine was manager, I would watch each game on the edge of my seat with fear because we played so deep that, most of the time, we were defending our six yard box. Now we defend a good 20 - 30 yards further up the pitch as well as press the other team back. I have no complaints about today's game because statistics don't tell the whole story.

'Only 5 shots isn't giving the fans what they deserve' is a flipping ridiculous statement to make when you consider that we won the game 3 - 1.

Edited by shandypants

Moaning about a 3-1 win.

I despair at times.

I actually said I was really happy we won, but the point I was making was that I was concerned about the lack of firepower which in my opinion stems from the lack of creativity from that particular midfield pairing. That is all. If that is negative and makes me a bellend as one other poster commented, well I'll just have to stand in the corner with WM LEE from WORCESTER.

Try not to despair too much eh, life is full of opinions.

I actually said I was really happy we won, but the point I was making was that I was concerned about the lack of firepower which in my opinion stems from the lack of creativity from that particular midfield pairing. That is all. If that is negative and makes me a bellend as one other poster commented, well I'll just have to stand in the corner with WM LEE from WORCESTER.

Try not to despair too much eh, life is full of opinions.

We scored 3 they scored 1

Would you be more happy if we had 10 more shots on goal but stil won 3-1 ???

Today was a professional, hard working (apart from Jones) performance. Mellor again, took his chances very well.

We scored 3 they scored 1

Would you be more happy if we had 10 more shots on goal but stil won 3-1 ???

Er.....yes

Anyway, just to recap I was simply pointing out that we had the least amount of shots in the whole division, at home against the bottom team with no pressure on us from relegation. And I was disappointed with that, and thought the long suffering fans deserved more. Lord knows we've earned it over the years.

But a win is a win and I am really happy about that! ....and look forward to two more wins, and I promise never to post anything with a negative tone in the future even if it is a FACT.

And it's goodnight from me...

Er.....yes

Anyway, just to recap I was simply pointing out that we had the least amount of shots in the whole division, at home against the bottom team with no pressure on us from relegation. And I was disappointed with that, and thought the long suffering fans deserved more. Lord knows we've earned it over the years.

But a win is a win and I am really happy about that! ....and look forward to two more wins, and I promise never to post anything with a negative tone in the future even if it is a FACT.

And it's goodnight from me...

Least amount of shots - 5, but scored 3 goals. I bet if you worked out the shot/goal ratio we are the most clinical :dry:

Would you rather we passed it around and lost 3-1? The crowds are down because we are midtable in the 3rd division and have nothing to play for. 4 straight home wins and still people moan.

Third home game of the season top v 2nd Carlisle bring over 2000 what was the crowd that day? poo poo football has a bigger effect on the attendance than people think.

To be fair to the OP we had this very same discussion when we were top of the league at the beginning of the season.

A few people commented on how crap we were playing and a load of others jumped all over them saying how it didn't matter because we had won.

To be fair to the OP we had this very same discussion when we were top of the league at the beginning of the season.

A few people commented on how crap we were playing and a load of others jumped all over them saying how it didn't matter because we had won.

The difference is at the start of the season we were robbing teams, getting completely outplayed but somehow still winning, it was obvious the wheels were gonna come off once we played a decent team.

But yesterday? We won at a canter, never really having to get out of 1st gear.