Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Hirsty's Gut

Who really cares.he's a washed up journeyman.I can count on one hand the amount of decent games he's had in a Wednesday shirt.

Who really cares.he's a washed up journeyman.I can count on one hand the amount of decent games he's had in a Wednesday shirt.

You can't have seen too many games then. On the rare occasions e was fit last season he was one of the better players and this season although he has had a bad spell recently (who hasn't) he had decent games in the two games before Brighton and was key to our good spell in November.

Overall I don't think he warrants a new contract as we need a younger more vibrant midfield if we are to succeed at this level and sadly he seemingly no longer has the legs to sustain it. However, to make flippant remarks about him is unjustified as if your point was valid then the same could be said for the majority of the players currently at the club and yet these were the man that were supposed to help steer hms wee wee the league to its planned destination.

You can't have seen too many games then. On the rare occasions e was fit last season he was one of the better players and this season although he has had a bad spell recently (who hasn't) he had decent games in the two games before Brighton and was key to our good spell in November.

Overall I don't think he warrants a new contract as we need a younger more vibrant midfield if we are to succeed at this level and sadly he seemingly no longer has the legs to sustain it. However, to make flippant remarks about him is unjustified as if your point was valid then the same could be said for the majority of the players currently at the club and yet these were the man that were supposed to help steer hms wee wee the league to its planned destination.

Well said.

Tommy Miller is a good player. He made a big difference to our side last year when he played, but unfortunately he didn't play knowhere near enough games.

This season, he's had a poor spell as have all the team, but he's also had just as many good games as most of the other members of the squad, but unfortunately yet again he hasn't played enough.

The reason why Tommy Miller needs to go, is not because of his footballing ability, but because of his age, injury problems and energy & pace around the midfield.

Good player, but past his best.

From Today's Star.

CAPTAIN Tommy Miller has told The Star he is in the dark over his future at Sheffield Wednesday.

It was initially thought that the midfielder missed the 2-0 defeat at League One leaders Brighton at the weekend because of a hamstring problem he sustained at home to Tranmere Rovers.

But, it emerged afterwards manager gary megson had left out Miller from the starting line-up because of 'contractual reasons.'

Miller, whose deal runs out in the summer, is just a handful of matches away from activating a clause in his contract.

It stipulates Wednesday would have to offer him a new one-year contract extension.

The 32-year-old, who has scored nine goals in 36 appearances this term, said Megson told him before training on Friday that he was not feature at Brighton.He hopes to hold contract negotiations with Wednesday chief executive Paul Aldridge this week to clarify the issue.

"Gary (Megson) was perfectly honest with me and told me he had to pull me out of the team," Miller said.

"It is disappointing but what can you do? It is out of the manager's hands and my own. I feel like I am in limbo. I don't know whether I am going to get another game but hopefully it will become clearer this week and something can be sorted out."

Since arriving from Ipswich Town on a free-transfer in May 2009, Miller has started 35 league matches and made 14 substitute appearances, scoring eight goals.

He added: "It is frustrating because I want to play regardless of whether I get another year or not. Hopefully everything will be resolved sooner rather than later.

"The club are not happy with the current deal but hopefully we can come to some sort of arrangement.

"It is a strange situation because I am very happy here.

"My wife and kids are happy here and my kids are due to start school in September. I like the area and my family have enjoyed it."

A frustrated Megson said he had no choice but to omit Miller from midfield. He played Joey O'Brien in his place.

"I said two weeks ago that some of the things that go on at the club beggar belief and that (Miller's contract) is one of them," he said.

"There are a lot of things we have to deal with that are a problem at Wednesday and deal with it we will."

Edited by cactus

Guest Distraught!

"I said two weeks ago that some of the things that go on at the club beggar belief and that (Miller's contract) is one of them," he said.

I suggest you read a certain ex Chairman's memoirs, Mr Megson!

This clause in Miller's contract is very, very, very mild in comparison to some of the other poo poo.

PS: Not seen any threats or actual legal action since those memoirs appeared. That is very interesting and revealing in itself!

Anybody who is currently out of work and is reading this forum, I believe a vacancy will soon be opening up in The Star's proof reading department.

:dry:

Exhibit B :

"Poyet warns players to keep clam against Sheffield Wednesday"

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/poyet_warns_players_to_keep_clam_against_sheffield_wednesday_1_3269082

Hasn't miller got 9 this season? Not too shabby from midfield. The only reason we should sign him is if it was on a significantly reduced wage, I think we would struggle to find "older heads" on a free that could match Miller's contribution and we will need these kinds of players too. Depends on his demands I suppose.

If it came to the crunch though I'd prefer us to go for a more energetic midfield.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Megson needs to know when to keep his mouth shut.

Deflecting criticism maybe?

Probably.

Megsons first responsibility is to the players and it seems he is doing his best to wee wee most of them off.

Megsons first responsibilty is to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Megson needs to know when to keep his mouth shut.

Deflecting criticism maybe?

Probably.

Megsons first responsibility is to the players and it seems

he is doing his best to wee wee most of them off.

Good. I hope most of them wee wee off as far as possible