Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

Miller won't want to play the final five games, due to the state of his contract in the summer. He cannot risk injury, with no definate contract on the table.

If Megson wanted to keep him and activate the one year contract then he'll be back on the team.

He obviously doesn't want to, so he sits in the stands.

We're not going to get relegated, we don't need Miller. So he doesn't play.

Not really hard to understand or even question Megsons, the club and Millers stance on this.

Miller won't want to play the final five games, due to the state of his contract in the summer. He cannot risk injury, with no definate contract on the table.

If Megson wanted to keep him and activate the one year contract then he'll be back on the team.

He obviously doesn't want to, so he sits in the stands.

We're not going to get relegated, we don't need Miller. So he doesn't play.

Not really hard to understand or even question Megsons, the club and Millers stance on this.

This. It's sad. As much as Miller is getting on and losing his legs a little bit, he gave us his all whenever he played. Not nice for someone to sit out as a player just because of a clause- a pretty devastating way to be told you're not wanted or needed.

It wouldn't matter. Miller's new club would still pick up his wages post transfer. After the free transfer, his contract would be null and void at Wednesday. It is only like Man Utd. giving Ronaldo a long contract extension and then selling him. It would just give the club more leeway.

But you have to be fookin' sure that there are other clubs after Miller or else we would be stuck with him for another year on flip knows how much!

Because Miller wouldn't be able to get a signing on fee from his new club.

The end of the season cannot come quick enough. We have too many expensive flops on our books, and these players need to be jettisoned. Certain players have seen us has a last payday, one or two have realised that they haven't anything in place for next season, and now with this season drawing to a close, they've decided they need to start putting on a show, to earn a contract for next season.

Aside from a couple of games, where one or two players have decided to turn it on, this season in my opinion, has been much worse than last season when we were relegated. I won't lose no sleep if come the end of the season, Megson rips this squad apart, in fact, I'll be well pissed if he doesn't.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Mr Bach has already stated he has no problem with people lying to keep things confidential. It doesn't matter if at a later date the lie is discovered, although he would then be questioning the integrity of Megson for lying in the first place. Infact by condoning lying he has shown he has no integrity himself, which is funny as in other threads he loves to mount the high horse.

20K posts but how many were you truthful on?

Megson was asked a direct question and he answered. Not once did I hear him say well we lost because of a clause in Miller's contract would kick in.

Bit strong that, and also not fair.

Therefore by your own thinking, nothing to lose. We are going to pay him for doing flip all until the end of the season then release him, presumably.

We could activate his contract and let him go on a free - in theory no loss and we get an inform midfielder back in our team for the next few games.

The risk being that nobody actually wants him and we get stuck or he gets injured resulting in the same problem.

BUT WHY !!!!!!!!!!

We now have nothing to play for. Why take any risk ??

Lets move on. There's more to life than Tommy Miller !!!!!!!

Lie.

You know, the same thing Wenger, Ferguson and Mourihno do when they are asked leading questions when asked if they saw the penalty incident.

The naivity of some fans is astounding.

Megson knew what he was taking on, now, after a defeat, we have to listen to him throw his toys out of the pram.

Not a fair comparison at all. Those kind of denials always sound like BS but they are at least plausible, who knows maybe they didn't see it... not really applicable here is it?

I'd love to know what lie you think would have covered this up to your satisfaction... can you please enlighten us poor naive saps?

He's injured?

I just dropped him?

He's ill?

Missed the bus?

Slipped on a bar of soap?

Just listened to the interview and I think Megson gave away as little as he could have done. A blatant lie would not have done any good, he'd have to make a new one up every week FFS! I doubt Miller would appreciate Megson lying about him being injured for example

I know you think you know better than everyone else on here but get a grip Arthur, you're making a t!t out of yourself

Guest Distraught!

BUT WHY !!!!!!!!!!

We now have nothing to play for. Why take any risk ??

Lets move on. There's more to life than Tommy Miller !!!!!!!

Because it is a discussion forum and I want to discuss a topical issue coming out of the club. I cannot influence the matter whatever happens but I can have banter with Arthur Bach or whoever else I choose.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Guest Sheff Owl

It's a very strange situation because after Megson mentioned about the clause Seth asked him if that was the end of Tommy here and he won't play again and Megson said something like that was not the case.

Megson kept using the ask Tommy - so like people have said maybe the Club have asked Tommy to waive it and he won't or they are trying to sort something out.

Guest londonowl1

i agree with that, i would say the club have asked tommy miller to waive the clause in his contract or at least come to some agreement.

probably both the club and player trying to get a fair deal.

Couldnt blame miller for trying to get the best deal for himself as this will probably be his last serious contract as a player.

Hope its sorted and we keep him for next season.

Guest Distraught!

Hope its sorted and we keep him for next season.

Now you've lost me.

If the plan is to keep Miller next season, there's nothing to sort out.

Under such circumstances, the clause has no relevance. It only matters if the plan is to get shut of Miller. :huh:

I've not read the whole thread but I hope he is moved on.

If it is the case and playing him again triggered an extension it would be madness.

He's the wrong side of 30, he has no re-sale value, he'll more than likely be on a fairly substantial wage, and he hasn't done it regularly enough.

Now you've lost me.

If the plan is to keep Miller next season, there's nothing to sort out.

Under such circumstances, the clause has no relevance. It only matters if the plan is to get shut of Miller. :huh:

Not really- his wage for the next year would have been set by the initial contract.

There is a scenario where we may want to keep him, but not at the level of wage set out in the Contract.