Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

What ever you say,arthur has a right to his opinion.

you on the other hand are the most opiniated person on here.

As I posted earlier, I have no feelings of animosity towards Arthur. He put it well himself when suggesting that different posters responded to different things. In no way am I attempting to dictate to him how he should continue as his contribution is just as valid as anyone else's. In fact, there are plenty of posters I'd happily get rid of before him and you could argue that he serves as a useful counterpoint to the majority.

As for your second comment... meh. I'm not under the illusion that I (or indeed anyone else) can ever be universally popular so I think I'll get over it.

But that's the deal distraught !!!!!

It's obvious that we are not going to want tommy miller on the wage bill next season or he would play yesterday.

Basically his contract was up this season as soon as he was about to play the game that triggered the clause. I dont see a massive problem. The contract was agreed by people no longer at the club.

Guest pac-man

That is why weaver has a new contract. He played a number of games and then got an option for a 2 year deal. That is why he played when injured to get his new deal. I think miller is worth another year but his wages might not be right for Wednesday as it probably includes a pay rise.

Guest Distraught!

But that's the deal distraught !!!!!

It's obvious that we are not going to want tommy miller on the wage bill next season or he would play yesterday.

Basically his contract was up this season as soon as he was about to play the game that triggered the clause. I dont see a massive problem. The contract was agreed by people no longer at the club.

The problem for me is we currently have a highly paid player at the club who is in form, scoring goals and would undoubtedly make the team stronger if he were playing now. I know the reasons why it is happening but it is galling for me to take that a clause of this type is stopping him from going on the pitch. NOT FORM, NOT INJURY, just a fekkin' clause from a previous board. I would be saying to him that he should go bust a gut for the last few games then we can reassess the contract situation. But that now appears impossible and that for me is crap!

On a side issue, I wonder if Miller ran out onto that pitch on Tuesday knowing that it was his last game in a Wednesday shirt? Giving the level of performance in the game, it would have been nice for the fans to give him a bit of a send off. But obviously nobody knew. Very strange situation!

Good player, but he's on £6000 a week (or was last season- there may have been a percentage reduction of that figure because of relegation) and that is FAR too much and totally disproportionate to his increasingly waning influence.

If we are going to play as Megson has in the past- fill the team with big, strong and athletic footballers who play at a high tempo, we need to move away from the likes of Miller, O'Connor and Potter and try and find players far more like Giles Coke.

The problem for me is we currently have a highly paid player at the club who is in form, scoring goals and would undoubtedly make the team stronger if he were playing now. I know the reasons why it is happening but it is galling for me to take that a clause of this type is stopping him from going on the pitch. NOT FORM, NOT INJURY, just a fekkin' clause from a previous board. I would be saying to him that he should go bust a gut for the last few games then we can reassess the contract situation. But that now appears impossible and that for me is crap!

On a side issue, I wonder if Miller ran out onto that pitch on Tuesday knowing that it was his last game in a Wednesday shirt? Giving the level of performance in the game, it would have been nice for the fans to give him a bit of a send off. But obviously nobody knew. Very strange situation!

I just sense that Miller wanted a 3 year deal and he maybe could have got that elsewhere at the time. So we met halfway in someways by agreeing to a clause that triggered a contract extention , which was always going to be late in the season in the last year of his contract.

I do agree it's crap he cannot play when he's still part of the squad BUT I think it will save the club some much need funds regarding the wage budget for next season.

If he was told a while ago I still think there was no need to say it off the back of a loss.

So, he should have said "No Comment" until our next victory and then say "oh, by the way Miller didn't play against Brighton, or this game because..."

You are linking facts that can't be linked- the loss and the comment.

The comment came when it did because that's when the question was asked- after a game in which he was forced to drop Miller. Not to deflect from the loss.

I just sense that Miller wanted a 3 year deal and he maybe could have got that elsewhere at the time. So we met halfway in someways by agreeing to a clause that triggered a contract extention , which was always going to be late in the season in the last year of his contract.

I do agree it's crap he cannot play when he's still part of the squad BUT I think it will save the club some much need funds regarding the wage budget for next season.

After the injury ravaged (and cr*p) season Tommy had just come off, before signing for us, I'd be very surprised if he had any other decent offers on the table.

I suppose it's possible the club learned an expensive lesson from the Jeffers fiasco.

If we'd had a similar clause in Franny's contract, and been able to get rid a year or two earlier, it would have been hailed as a stroke of genius.

Jeffers had a clause in his contract that was activated.

Guest Distraught!

I suppose it's possible the club learned an expensive lesson from the Jeffers fiasco.

If we'd had a similar clause in Franny's contract, and been able to get rid a year or two earlier, it would have been hailed as a stroke of genius.

A stroke of genius that has seen us lose our captain and lynch pin centre back earlier this season because he had a similar clause in his contract. After that, the defence went into meltdown because new, young defenders were thrown in without any experience or figurehead. We dived from second in the league to mid table in no time at all.

Now we have our best midfielder (based on current form) sat twiddling his thumbs while we still are not technically safe from relegation.

As you say, pure genius!

A stroke of genius that has seen us lose our captain and lynch pin centre back earlier this season because he had a similar clause in his contract. After that, the defence went into meltdown because new, young defenders were thrown in without any experience or figurehead. We dived from second in the league to mid table in no time at all.

Now we have our best midfielder (based on current form) sat twiddling his thumbs while we still are not technically safe from relegation.

As you say, pure genius!

If he is that good lets sign him up?

Guest Distraught!

If he is that good lets sign him up?

Is that not the issue though?

It should be for Megson to decide that between now and the end of the season but that option has been taken out of his hands. All that you can ask of managers is that they put out the strongest team available to try and win matches. Right at this moment, in my opinion based on current form, Miller should be in the starting XI. Whether he is or would be offered another contract should be an issue for later.

i cant see what Megson has done wrong myself

I couldnt care less if it was unprofessional or showed disrespect, these players deserve zero respect and im hoping a big clear out in the summer awaits

This contract clause merely highlights the terrible way this club has been run previous to Milan

Everyone chill out, sit tight and endure the last few games of this miserable season, the club is in great hands with Milan and Megson

Guest totemowl

As you say, pure genius!

The meltdown was well underway before Purse departed. We conceded 12 goals in his last 5 league games.

As for our 'best midfielder', are you the genius that would pay say £300k (the price of a 12 month contract) so he can play another 5 games maximum this season?

Can't say it strikes me as a bright thing to do, especially given his and the midfields contribution to our failed promotion campaign this season.

As you say, pure genius!

is our best midfielder on current form, our best midfielder on current form for a reason????? :ohmy:

Guest Distraught!

The meltdown was well underway before Purse departed. We conceded 12 goals in his last 5 league games.

What was the corresponding tally for the five games after Purse departed?

As for our 'best midfielder', are you the genius that would pay say £300k (the price of a 12 month contract) so he can play another 5 games maximum this season?

I have consistently said that this is not the issue for me. The issue is that the best central midfield player at the club at this moment cannot play because of the clause in the contract. I have also stated clearly that the granting or otherwise of a extension to the current contract should wait but this decision has been taken out of Megson's hands. It is the clause that is hacking me off, not whether Miller should or shouldn't stay after the end of this season!