Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

Interview with Megson on FH re the Miller sittuation tonight.

missed the start of that interview

What was said regarding Tommy.... I only heard the bit where he said he would leave it with the club and Tommy to now sort

Guest Sheff Owl

Tommy available now so can play all the remaining games which will take him to 29 matches!

Nothing has changed with the situation, if he was to play 30 games he would trigger a new 1 year deal and a increase in wages to which we can't afford!

He knows Tommy want's to stay and is happy here and he has read the comments from Tommy regarding his kids starting school and his family are happy

He does think Tommy is a good player.

Did Megson just say Miller can play all the rest of the games now because that will take him to 29?

Yep, surprised one of our resident stattos hadn't noticed was yet to reach 29 games.

Sounds like he'd be willing to offer a new deal on vastly reduced wages.

Guest intercity0wl

Tommy available now so can play all the remaining games which will take him to 29 matches!

Nothing has changed with the situation, if he was to play 30 games he would trigger a new 1 year deal and a increase in wages to which we can't afford!

He knows Tommy want's to stay and is happy here and he has read the comments from Tommy regarding his kids starting school and his family are happy

For whats its worth i thought like Seth did, that it was another very good honest interview from Gary.

The clause in the contract must refer only to league starts then, but in any case, if he plays the remaining games then that'll take him to 30 starts, not 29, so he's going to have to miss another one.

He knows Tommy want's to stay and is happy here

and he has read the comments from Tommy regarding his kids starting school and his family are happy

No mention of INCREASE, just that we couldnt afford them.

The clause in the contract must refer only to league starts then, but in any case, if he plays the remaining games then that'll take him to 30 starts, not 29, so he's going to have to miss another one.

I think that you've got it spot on.

The bit I heard on the 16:30 sports bulletin, Megson said it was 30 starts that triggered the clause and that Miller could play 4 more games.

Its a little odd that the general opinion on here is that the central midfield is/has been our problem area, and yet the indications are that the manager probably wants to keep the 2 out of contract players, Miller and O'Connor. With us unlikeley to release young Palmer and Potter and Coke still under contract, don't expect a vastly different engine room next season.

Guest totemowl

Its a little odd that the general opinion on here is that the central midfield is/has been our problem area, and yet the indications are that the manager probably wants to keep the 2 out of contract players, Miller and O'Connor. With us unlikeley to release young Palmer and Potter and Coke still under contract, don't expect a vastly different engine room next season.

Really puzzled to see how you work that one out, which sort of undermines your conclusion about the engine room.

Coke has been the one that disappointed me the most, well perhaps with the exception of Potter - but it's a close one.

He showed so much promise at the start of the season (no less than winning the League One PotM award along side Irvine's MotM award in August), but lately he hasn't looked interested at all to me, like he can only be bothered if the team are performing as a whole.

Anyone can look good in a winning side, we can't afford to persist with players who can't be arsed to put the effort in when things aren't going so well.

Coke has been the one that disappointed me the most, well perhaps with the exception of Potter - but it's a close one.

He showed so much promise at the start of the season (no less than winning the League One PotM award along side Irvine's MotM award in August), but lately he hasn't looked interested at all to me, like he can only be bothered if the team are performing as a whole.

Anyone can look good in a winning side, we can't afford to persist with players who can't be arsed to put the effort in when things aren't going so well.

id say theres only a couple of players who absolutely need to be shown the door, the vast majority havent performed here but have elsewhere, so Megson has to get to the bottom of it and turn them around.

possibly some players just dont want to be here - in which case lets not wee pipe about, and get shut.

Miller managed to play 30 games this season - but hardly any in the previous season - so its a throw up whether to give him a new contract.. personally, i wouldnt be adverse giving him a new one on more sensible terms, unless we are absolutely going to have someone better. Coke, Miller, Potter and JOC should be doing better. Can they be replaced? defo. are we guaranteed to get an improvement, who settles quickly? not sure.

sometimes, its better the devil you know.

I have a gut wrenching fear that he'll keep o'conner...

coke needs a foot up his arse, and miller a paid to play and perform contract...

Edited by dnhc

I have a gut wrenching fear that he'll keep o'conner...

coke needs a foot up his arse, and miller a paid to play and perform contract...

That's where players like Miller and Jones would come into their own.

Just listened to Miller's interview on WW - he can play four more games for us this season, so has to sit one more game out.

Said he would loved to stay, settled etc, but Club haven't spoken properly about a new contract yet.

Despite this poo season and the need to sort the squad out and re-build yet again, I'd keep Miller on a one year deal assuming he obviously took a pay cut that suits the Club, not sure whether he will though. Can't really see a Championship Club coming in for him tbh, but I would be tempted to keep him.