ideal transfers

Guest barmy army 1993

Henri Lansbury. Has potential to pull strings in the engine room of a Premiership team. Currently on loan at Norwich, possibly only till January, perhaps longer.

Charlie Austin ! Excellent young striker whose signing would be a perfect sign that this great club is aiming high once again.

Ashley Westwood from Crewe, although he is getting linked with Nottingham Forest, and Gradi would certainly ask for a good money for him.

There is a 19 years old at Motherwell - Ross Forbes who looks as a carbon copy of young Chris Brunt.

Seen him, does look a good player,

Could sign him on loan until Fir Park gets cleared of snow or something, should take until march by the looks of it,

Im with it now, the Brunt of old maybe,

Would give my left leg for Brunt back here now.

too right! whats he worth now £10-15m??

ive thought this for years but we need a 'vieira' in midfield,

a big physical presence who can tackle and boss the midfield, they would compliment miller/coke perfectly

dont know much about lower league/prem youth players so cant suggest anyone!

Forget a striker, we desperately need a holding midfielder. It's the one position we are crying out for. What's the point in paying good money for a striker, who isn't going to be a regular this season.? You always end up paying over the odds for a first team player in Janaury, let's get promoted, and then strengthen with permanent signings in the summer.

Richard Hughes from Portsmouth on loan would be a fantastic addition. Martin Rowlands or Gavin Mahon from QPR would also be shrewd temporary options.

I'm hopeful Irvine will have already identified the central midfield as a major issue and priority. Secondary to that, a versatile defender would be a bonus. I don't see a striker as an issue, with Morrison, Mellor, Heffernan and Johnson in the squad.

too right! whats he worth now £10-15m??

ive thought this for years but we need a 'vieira' in midfield,

a big physical presence who can tackle and boss the midfield, they would compliment miller/coke perfectly

dont know much about lower league/prem youth players so cant suggest anyone!

One i like at the moment is Therry Racon at Charlton, not so much a Vieira type but goes box to box and ran the game against us, he was everywhere,

Contract up at the end of this season.

Edited by leea8331

two loans - one centre back, one striker/winger. Save budget for the new signings we will need if we get promoted in summer.

should be ok with what we have, if we get injuries we can get a couple more loans in.

-------------------------------Weaver/Jameson-------------------------------------

Buxton/Semi----------Purse/Buxton----Beevers/Hinds---------Spurr/Jones

Miller/Sedgewick/JJ-------JOC/Palmer---Potter/Coke----------Teale/Jones

--------------------------------Mellor---------Morrison/Heff/JJ------------------------

Boden, Modest, Nyoni as youth options. Not a big squad but cover in every position, except if mellow is out - we have nothing to replace him.

two loans - one centre back, one striker/winger. Save budget for the new signings we will need if we get promoted in summer.

should be ok with what we have, if we get injuries we can get a couple more loans in.

-------------------------------Weaver/Jameson-------------------------------------

Buxton/Semi----------Purse/Buxton----Beevers/Hinds---------Spurr/Jones

Miller/Sedgewick/JJ-------JOC/Palmer---Potter/Coke----------Teale/Jones

--------------------------------Mellor---------Morrison/Heff/JJ------------------------

Boden, Modest, Nyoni as youth options. Not a big squad but cover in every position, except if mellow is out - we have nothing to replace him.

Didn't do too bad on Saturday..

Henri Lansbury. Has potential to pull strings in the engine room of a Premiership team. Currently on loan at Norwich, possibly only till January, perhaps longer.

Charlie Austin ! Excellent young striker whose signing would be a perfect sign that this great club is aiming high once again.

Ashley Westwood from Crewe, although he is getting linked with Nottingham Forest, and Gradi would certainly ask for a good money for him.

sorry but that name haunts me, in my opinion the worst player ever to play for wednesday.

most people seem to be talking about strikers but i do not think that is our problem, we need a good center half and a commanding midfielder

Craigan at Motherwell - Plays for Northern Ireland always seems to do ok new partner for Beevers possibly? 200k max and cant be on big wages.

Jonsson at Hearts - Can play Defence or Midfield again not big wages but possibly 500k.

BWP at Plymouth or Austin at Swindon - I think would give us the option of pace up top and also allow Johnson to play in his best position.

4th Signing a young winger Lower League or Prem reject(like Brunt) somebody who can play a few games this season and next but more for the future and cover Johnson & Teale.

I don't rate Craigan at all and he's 34. Well past his best.

Eggert is a solid player, but like you say he'd cost £550k at least, and TBH I think the money could be used better.

Templeton from Hearts?

Would cost about £2m.

If we could get rid of one of our central midfielders then id address that area but if we cant i wouldnt add further to that area unless we can get someone out.

I think the priority is a right winger. Sedgy did ok at the weekend but he's not the answer long term. Teale is playing extremely solid on the left and should be able to get us through this season as he has a touch of class about him. Id be looking for someone who can track back too. Similar to a john paul mcgovern style of player.

Our main priority is the centre half position. We need a leader of a good age to replace the tiring Purse. Id be looking at Fitz 'One size' Hall as the perfect replacement. Hardly had a kick at QPR and is only 29. Would be a fantastic addition for this league and the Championship. Born leader too.

Someone in the Fitz Hall mould is a MASSIVE MASSIVE prority.

Forget a striker, we desperately need a holding midfielder. It's the one position we are crying out for. What's the point in paying good money for a striker, who isn't going to be a regular this season.? You always end up paying over the odds for a first team player in Janaury, let's get promoted, and then strengthen with permanent signings in the summer.

Richard Hughes from Portsmouth on loan would be a fantastic addition. Martin Rowlands or Gavin Mahon from QPR would also be shrewd temporary options.

I'm hopeful Irvine will have already identified the central midfield as a major issue and priority. Secondary to that, a versatile defender would be a bonus. I don't see a striker as an issue, with Morrison, Mellor, Heffernan and Johnson in the squad.

I disagree about a holding midfielder. I think we we need a nasty aggressive but athletic box to box type (ala Carlton Palmer) that will do the work for Potter, Coke or Miller whilst also looking after them' at the same time. We need someone who can physically boss the midfield and knock the opposition midfielders out of their stride. The last thing we need is a holding midfielder who will sit in front of the back four and by doing so, invite the opposition onto us. Whilst none of them are the best ball-winners, Potter, Coke and Miller are at their most comfortable when someone else allows them to play by doing all of their work.

Unfortunately, I don't know any player available that is a nasty aggressive but athletic box to box type.