ideal transfers

Guest barmy army 1993

Guest barmy army 1993

In January perfect striker signing Wright Phillips from Plymouth

Top goal scorer in the league

Plymouth in the poo poo so would get a great deal

has the pace to beat any defence in the league and has scored his share of headers this season proven against us

What's everyone think?

Guest barmy army 1993

Think it was discussed days ago!

To be fair mate didnt see it days ago and every match shows different weak spots or room for improvement so just wanted to know who people thought

Guest barmy army 1993

I hope we stay well away from Wright-Phillips.

Not fit to wear the shirt...

U think?

Who you rekon as a striker option we cant do worse than jeffers haha

U think?

Who you rekon as a striker option we cant do worse than jeffers haha

Le Fondre would be a huge coup as a replacement for Tudgay.

For the record, I would rather have BWP than that cretin Jeffers back any day of the week.

Guest barmy army 1993

Le Fondre would be a huge coup as a replacement for Tudgay.

For the record, I would rather have BWP than that cretin Jeffers back any day of the week.

haha yer he plays for newcastle jets or somethin in australia

and problem with le fondre is would rotherham let him go?

would he want to come?

and would he be able to step up to league 1 or maybe championship next season?

and problem with le fondre is would rotherham let him go?

If Wednesday put in a big enough bid, Alfie's head will be turned and I really don't see how the millers could refuse him the opportunity to play for the biggest club in the region...

would he want to come?

Increase his wages, the promise of more attractive opposition and crowds 5 times the size of those at Don Valley and why the hell would he not want to come!

and would he be able to step up to league 1 or maybe championship next season?

All of these 'What ifs' are silly, he is one of the hottest properties outside of the top 2 divisions.

we need to be looking at players in the leagues above us, not below

Trust me, it is only a matter of time before a Championship team/promotion chasing League One team takes a gamble on him, why can't we give it a go?

Guest barmy army 1993

If Wednesday put in a big enough bid, Alfie's head will be turned and I really don't see how the millers could refuse him the opportunity to play for the biggest club in the region...

Increase his wages, the promise of more attractive opposition and crowds 5 times the size of those at Don Valley and why the hell would he not want to come!

All of these 'What ifs' are silly, he is one of the hottest properties outside of the top 2 divisions.

Trust me, it is only a matter of time before a Championship team/promotion chasing League One team takes a gamble on him, why can't we give it a go?

great points mate kind of the same way everton gambled on beckford

I don't think Le Fondre is the answer, we need to be looking at players in the leagues above us, not below. If he was that good someone better off than us (until recently) would have snapped him up surely?

think this is wrong tbh, we need to be looking to invest in players that will improve with us

Mc Lean had decent pedigree with Rangers. I really hope with Mellor and Morrison that we are now beyond the likes of Le Fondre and Parkin. We could take a punt on BWP though I'd prefer us to bring in a pacy young Premiership striker on loan.

Guest armchairfan

Very much a long shot but jonny evans from Man Utd is set to out on loan in January, try and get him for a month. Fegie may want him toughening up. Class defender, we could now pay his wages (or at least most of them), Davies (i think it's his name from Notts County) played a blinder against us in JPT, always put dangerous balls in the box a la Chris brunt with dead ball. Finally i'd go with Wright Phillips up front. Get him pretty cheap, can score in this division and can score in championship.

am i stupid for suggesting these

Very much a long shot but jonny evans from Man Utd is set to out on loan in January, try and get him for a month. Fegie may want him toughening up. Class defender, we could now pay his wages (or at least most of them), Davies (i think it's his name from Notts County) played a blinder against us in JPT, always put dangerous balls in the box a la Chris brunt with dead ball. Finally i'd go with Wright Phillips up front. Get him pretty cheap, can score in this division and can score in championship.

am i stupid for suggesting these

Johnny Evans? The defender who is used to playing in the premiership / champions league! You must of been smoking some seriously potent purple nurple to come up with that as a possible loan signing.

Guest armchairfan

Johnny Evans? The defender who is used to playing in the premiership / champions league! You must of been smoking some seriously potent purple nurple to come up with that as a possible loan signing.

Like i said very much a long shot lol