ideal transfers

Guest barmy army 1993

If we were to shell out a transfer fee for a striker I'd go for Austin.

Then again, we'd probably get someone like Matty Fryatt for a quarter of the price who is arguably as good.

Exactly.

Matty Fryatt is just as good, if not better than Le Fondre and we could probably get him at half the price of ALF.

Mellor on a permanent deal is a major priority btw.

As proved this summer, you can pick up strikers for next to nothing. If we want to splash a bit of cash on a striker, a 'name' striker, then ALF is not that option. A risk that doesn't need to be taken IMO.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Mc Lean had decent pedigree with Rangers. I really hope with Mellor and Morrison that we are now beyond the likes of Le Fondre and Parkin. We could take a punt on BWP though I'd prefer us to bring in a pacy young Premiership striker on loan.

that's the nail on the head...that's the way to go...we don't need to be recruiting 4th. and 3rd. division players (unless their outstanding)...bwp is/should be no better than what we have...pace is what will tell, don't throw money away on players who can't play in a championship playoff challenging side or above...get loans in at this time...

Would definitely be pleased with taking a chance on Le Fondre. It really wouldn't take us flashing much cash in their faces before they buckled. Much like with Burton.

we have a side already challenging for promotion, with 3 or 4 decent additions promotion ought to be more obtainable...i think at this point we need to looking at loan players (unless someone unmissable comes up)...if and when we are promoted then start to build the side to challenge for the play off's even promotion...remember every £ spent now is one we can't spend later...

Guest kimolsen

I wouldnt touch bwp with a bargpole, he is a criminal,

alf would be good to see though,

ideally though the only transfer dealings id like to see in january is us shipping out tango back to wolves and hemmingham back to leeds.

Craigan at Motherwell - Plays for Northern Ireland always seems to do ok new partner for Beevers possibly? 200k max and cant be on big wages.

Jonsson at Hearts - Can play Defence or Midfield again not big wages but possibly 500k.

BWP at Plymouth or Austin at Swindon - I think would give us the option of pace up top and also allow Johnson to play in his best position.

4th Signing a young winger Lower League or Prem reject(like Brunt) somebody who can play a few games this season and next but more for the future and cover Johnson & Teale.

Edited by coopswfc76

ideally though the only transfer dealings id like to see in january is us shipping out tango back to wolves

That the same Tango who ploughs a load of money into the club and travels to just about every SWFC game, be it in this country or abroad?

Why don't you like him?

Jealous that people chant to him for a song... wish that was you eh?

He's just as much of a Wednesday fan as all of us.

Id rather have Austin than Le Fondre, But id rather have Le Fondre instead of Fryatt.

Le Fondre is good, but is probably at a peak value. Fryatt was the same as Le Fondre once, at Walsall, banging goals in and highly rated and Leicester paid the going rate.

For whatever reason he's not been consistent in the Championship but I think that Le Fondre could be another of these players like Tyson, Easter etc who are big money buys that havent cut the mustard.

Id rather buy a player who has been on the up, reached the championship and is now looking to re-establish themselves than gamble on a player who has only played in the third tier. Fryatt was just an example really, he may have injury problems, but what I mean is that there are good Championship standard strikers knocking around for a cheaper price than League 2 players.

Edited by Bluesteel

Craigan at Motherwell - Plays for Northern Ireland always seems to do ok new partner for Beevers possibly? 200k max and cant be on big wages.

Jonsson at Hearts - Can play Defence or Midfield again not big wages but possibly 500k.

BWP at Plymouth or Austin at Swindon - I think would give us the option of pace up top and also allow Johnson to play in his best position.

4th Signing a young winger Lower League or Prem reject(like Brunt) somebody who can play a few games this season and next but more for the future and cover Johnson & Teale.

Sorry if i misunderstood, but how is Brunt classed as a reject?