ideal transfers

Guest barmy army 1993

I don't think we're desperate for a striker, i'd only bring someone in if they would almost certainly offer us goals...., Kevin Philips, Helguson,.... Leon Clarke. :ph34r: .... Porter is supposed to be available at Derby too.... but IMO we have enough depth up front to score the goals, even with the odd injury.

In regards to loan players, Hughes is a good shout from Portsmouth, and the lad from QPR, Rowlands, doubt he'd come up Norf though, sounds like a move to Palace is on the cards for him.

Not sure if Milan has said he will flash the cash on transfer fees but if we have a bit to play with, Shotton from Stoke, and Kevin Mcdonald from Burnley. 2 young players not getting games for their parent clubs (granted Mcdonald is out on loan at Scunny).

McDonald is a tremendous shout. Laws is looking to get rid, and I believe he would help us to get him here if we were interested.

As for midfielders for us, Henri Lansbury looked very lively for Norwich against Ipswich the other day, but he's probably more in the Miller/Potter mould than a holding midfielder and I don't think he'd drop to us now - possibly in the summer though.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of random players so i'll leave it there.

Just to follow up on Lansbury. He really is at his best playing where Potter usually does for us, but unlike Darren he always wants ball at his feet, and is quite eager to do something with it. One of that rare breed of footballers capable of controlling game from a central circle. You would rarely see him passing to his full-back while more progressive option is available.

If I could chose one half realistic target to build Premiership promotion chasing team around it would certainly be Henri Lansbury :cool: