LUKE VARNEY

Guest wilkotheowl

You could argue that too many fans like players who run around like lunatics, clapping and trying hard as well though

as long as they are doing that to create space for the more skillful on the ball players then I can't see how that's a bad thing

Bit of a no-brainer really.

We need a forward and he will slot straight in - much better than signing an unknown kid from The Premier League on a Thursday, giving him 1 training session and chucking him in on the Saturday.

I've always liked him, works hard and links up better with Tudgay than anyone else on our teamsheet

+ I'm sure AI will get more out of him than the last bloke.

We need a forward and he will slot straight in - much better than signing an unknown kid from The Premier League on a Thursday, giving him 1 training session and chucking him in on the Saturday.

I've always liked him, works hard and links up better with Tudgay than anyone else on our teamsheet

Agreed. He has pace, which we'll be lacking without JJ. He won't get a goal every other game, but if he stays fit for the rest of the sason I would expect he'll get 6 or 7. If Tudgay can weigh in with the same we'll be ok I think.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Playing varney means we dont have to play sodje-bonus. :biggrin:

Is the Charlton manager still interested in buying Sodje? If he is i'd probably look at agreeing a tidy little fee for him so he doesn't go for nowt later. I think it's very unlikely he'll make much of an impact in the first time now.

Guest wilkotheowl

I agree entirely. But it would be great if JJ is OK for the weekend (although it seems unlikely).

Luke Varney will increase competition for places up front and provide much needed options for AI.

Bring on "The Posh"-can't wait....C'mon Wednesday-UTO !!

Cannot believe we have gone for him I was hoping Irvine would try to bring in a goal scoring striker. We now have six strikers including JJ and I doubt if any will get in to double figures. We need quality not quantity. Sorry to be negative but on past performances very very unimpressed by this.

Cannot believe we have gone for him I was hoping Irvine would try to bring in a goal scoring striker. We now have six strikers including JJ and I doubt if any will get in to double figures. We need quality not quantity. Sorry to be negative but on past performances very very unimpressed by this.

I'd love to know just who you think we should/could have brought in.

Seems like a sensible signing. Sodje not looked good in 2009 at all, FJ9 injured again, JJ injured leaves us with Clarke and Tudgay up front only.

Varney works hard and a goal every three games is not too bad, what we need is Tudders to find his scoring boots again.

AI will have watched the videos and hopefully will have noticed that he is however useless at left sided midfield !