LUKE VARNEY

Guest wilkotheowl

I'm not disappointed by this?

Not thrilled, but certainly not disappointed. He's an extra option in a thin squad. His work ethic is unquestionable and while his goal return isn't great, it's hardly poor either. He's scored more than Jeffers has in his entire Wednesday career (I think).

Guest Aussie_Dave

decent enough for now, can start the pressue high up the park and has a decent striking record. He's not a player that will win us promotion but he can help us stay out of relegation

When Varney first signed for us he was impressive, but then like most of the team his form dipped. Let's treat this as a fresh start for Varney and see how he gets on under AI. We have a really winnable match this weekend and it would be nice to knock a few past them. Varney, with his pace, might cause them the same prombles that it did against Sflaphorpe earlier in the season.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Investment Jim, investment

or Sodje to Charlton, he scores the goals to help them overtake Leeds whilst Norwich are led to title glory by Grant Holt

Guest Walkley_Owl

I will never know how anyone ever decided to splash 2m on him ?! :huh:

If I was the chairman who's got this much of his own money spent on Varney - I would honestly sue the Manager...

Crewe have ALWAYS made massive profits on their strikers.

With JJ out injured, I'd probably expect him to start up front with Tudgay. Sodje and Jeffers clearly not up to it and hopefully on their way in January, Clarke's alright but nothing special. Not amazed, but not disappointed either.

There's not much of January left!!

so who's leaving then? i thought it had to be 1 in 1 out?

I might be completely wrong, but I thought that was applicable to permanent signings?

Bloody Hell...what do some people actually want?!???

Varney has a scoring ratio of 1 in 3 while with us. He knows the club, likes being at the club, wants to be at the club, has a tremendous work ethic and will be playing his heart out for a contract.

Honestly...some people on here really haven't got a clue.

100% agree.

I personally thought we might have gone for Owen or Heskey but hey ho !!!

I find it a strange one - As mentioned by others I thought but AI would have put his own stamp on the team with his own players and not from a previous regime. Saying that AI seems so far to be able to get a lot more from the players and hopefully this could be the same of Varney. Welcome back and good luck

remember this he has been playing in a poor team and still has a 1 to 3 goal return not bad for any striker at this level. If we play better and he gets more chances that will increase. I'll take 8 - 10 goals from the remaining games from him.

Guest Airborne

so who's leaving then? i thought it had to be 1 in 1 out?

Very Happy with Varneys return.

I'd say a striker is on his way, Tudgay or Sodje for me, which brings money in...

Guest Manwithastick

well since he is here, can i just say 'good luck Luke. try and stay on your feet this time son. we've no flippingtime for divers at this club'