LUKE VARNEY

Guest wilkotheowl

Wasnt Craig Lindfield talked about in the same light after his Youth team exploits?

He managed a whopping 2 goals in 20 games for Accrington Stanley.

This isint the time for gambles like that. Lets stick with someone who knows the club, enjoys the club and has a decent goalscoring return.

I did all my crying when Palace beat us to sign that goal machine Freddie Sears

Dunno, but you didn't heard me talking about those two :biggrin:

Unknown player in the Sunderland reserves is a natural goalscorer, glorified by almost every coach in the country.

Varney scored 17 goals in 91 Championship game he played in :dry:

If you are good enough, you are old enough !

Malek are you Noble's agent? :biggrin:

You love this kid dont ya fella!

His interview on Player went quite well, he seems really up for the fight.

I've got a good feeling about this move. I was going to chuck some money on Tudgay to score at any time on Saturday, but I might be tempted to switch to Varney if it looks like he's going to start.

Guest Walkley_Owl

So how do we go about replacing those backroom staff then... like for like as minimum ?

Rhodes has come into replace Mercer, we got compo for them so we probably used that and not their wages to fund Varney

Because thanks to my expertise, we are one step ahead of them :blush:

Mark my words - someone will get this guy on loan, and he will do wonders for them, and we will cry why it couldn't have been us.

Wasn't Kenwyne Jones reserve player at Southampton until Paul Sturrock gave him a chance ?

Kenwyne was a player Sturrock signed at centre half for Saints, he had prior knowledge and it was a league lower where he scored, he struggled at Stoke when on loan there

Varney was written off after only 9 league starts for Derby, they paid £1 million and we've had him for a large chunk of his contract.

And we though OUR fans were fickle

What did Charlton pay? Sure it was £2m+.... Derby got him for £1m+..... we got his services for next to fack all and you can't question his input this season, he's contributed a hell of a lot regardless of his scoring ratio.

Pretty damn sure he'll contribute a lot between now and the end of the season too....

Cmon VarnDOGG ya FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKER!!!!!!!!!!1

Rhodes has come into replace Mercer, we got compo for them so we probably used that and not their wages to fund Varney

Kenwyne was a player Sturrock signed at centre half for Saints, he had prior knowledge and it was a league lower where he scored, he struggled at Stoke when on loan there

And we though OUR fans were fickle

Son Jordan to follow in the summer? :biggrin: