What are people's overall thoughts on the lad?

Apart from the general consensus that his body has the durability of a wet paper towel what do people actually think of his quality? Would you like to see him moved on this window or give him another season to see if we can keep him fit and get some games under his belt?

Personally I'm of the opinion that if we could get him playing to the best of his ablility he could be a breath of fresh air for us with his pace and skill. There's defiantly ability in the lad (that goal against weeds springs to mind as whenever I watch it still makes the wedding vegetables tingle). 

I think we should be give him one last go. Thoughts? 

Last summer he looked class in pre season. Really exciting. Then by some ridiculously typical circumstance he ended up missing 45 games of 46. It's just hard to judge isn't it. He's been injured for 74 of 92 league games or something so what makes anyone think he'll be fit this season. I'm sure he must be frustrated but it just seems ridiculous. 

My view is that he should be shipped out as soon as possible.

No doubt the guy has potential but there's simply no point in having a player who is never fit to play. Absolutely disastrous signing

If we can recoup 500/600k for the guy then we've made the best out of a terrible signing. Yet another player with no heart, no fight, scared to get stuck in.. Lets just get shut.

The fact that he has missed so much football does make it really hard to judge but I really don't doubt that he has ability. Hopefully with the new physio in and a little more luck he could finally come good for us. 

I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left but I would be very unhappy if we let him go to another championship club as I do think that could really come round and bite us in the arse if someone else got him fit and firing.  

Only good thing I remember him doing is that goal against Leeds. Struggle to remember anything else. Been unlucky with injuries but if he was to leave wouldn't be bothered. Was very excited when we signed him but so far when played hasn't delivered enough. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

He's a good player.

He is, just has no heart or desire. The guy should be ashamed, needs to get himself back to Portugal because he hasn't got the heart to play for us

From what I saw from the few games he played when he first arrived I believe he has real talent.

He was really unlucky not to have a few more goals to his name.

However I cannot make up my mind if he has been extremely unlucky with injuries.

Or is just not strong enough for the championship.

Maybe he would be more suited to the premier and be worth hanging on too.(optomistic:biggrin:)

Very difficult to judge.

Seen odd flashes of brilliance that makes me think that given a run of games he could have a big impact but he's no good to us in the treatment room and that's where he seems to spend almost all of his time.

I think now it's come to the time where it'll be better for both the player and the club if he moved on and made a fresh start elsewhere.

To be honest I doubt he is happy just to pick up a pay packet, He's probably more frustrated than any of us are about the constant injuries and lack of play time. At the end of the day footballers want to play football and I doubt he's happy sat on the sidelines.