Retained list

Is it carefully worded?it says they are out of contract but we may be keeping our options open on the likes of Sasso. In case we don't get our targets. Doesn't formally release them.

Buckley, Mcmanaman, Semedo, Sasso. That is one player for every position we need, I suspect we will recycle the mcmanaman and Buckley wages and see what can fit in FFP for the other two. 

Who else is there that is completely frozen out? Just Mcgugan?

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Is it carefully worded?it says they are out of contract but we may be keeping our options open on the likes of Sasso. In case we don't get our targets. Doesn't formally release them.

Buckley, Mcmanaman, Semedo, Sasso. That is one player for every position we need, I suspect we will recycle the mcmanaman and Buckley wages and see what can fit in FFP for the other two. 

Who else is there that is completely frozen out? Just Mcgugan?

Melo. Think club have made an error and worded it wrong.  Says the players are out of contract but we knew that.  I think they mean released. The fact that Dawson and Wildsmith aren't on the list they have given show this.

Edited by Etchesketch

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Every single one of those would walk straight in the pigs side no problem

And that's the beauty of it, not like when we let go Geary, Quinn and Bromby.

Times really have changed, but they won't admit it for a moment.

2 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

It just says they are out of contract.  A contract may still be offered ?  Or that is the way I read it. 

I think club have worded it wrong. There were 8 players out of contract.The 6 they have listed and Wildsmith and Dawson who the Star have confirmed have been offered deals. Should say released not out of contract. We knew they were out of contract.

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

They are grown man who's colleague is leaving. What's the problem?

A team sport is different to a normal job though due to camaraderie getting that extra small percent out of you as a team. That said im sure they will wish him the best and hopefully we will see him in a few years in a coaching role.

Semedo hopefully goes back to Portugal plays another few years and comes back as a qualified coach to help us in to Europe :-)

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Biggs suggested we had 46 players in the squad before this. Surely we can't be at 40? That must have a fair few kids in there

I tweeted him about that.  He said that is all professionals so some U23 players like Penney, Stobbs, Hirst, Thorniley etc all included.  Not had that many professionals since Premier League days.  

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Biggs suggested we had 46 players in the squad before this. Surely we can't be at 40? That must have a fair few kids in there

Get someone from Barnsley to count how many players we have got on their fingers

Thank you Semedo for your service, extremely dedicated professional and should be a future staff member, hope he does carry on playing though.

Also, Sasso was ok I guess so good luck in whatever he moves onto, as said before, the rest can roger off.

43 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Why do I get this gut wrenching feeling that Semedo will end up with the pigs.

Anybody but them ffs 

Why would you care ? I wouldn't . We as a club are obsessed with looking backwards . Let's concentrate on building a squad actually capable of doing the job set out and getting to the premier league 

45 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Why do I get this gut wrenching feeling that Semedo will end up with the pigs.

Anybody but them ffs 

Highly doubt that considering he loved us so much he wouldn't betray us like that