2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

I've not really seen to much disproportionate moaning to be fair, mostly people getting the frustration of their chest and moving on, more than reasonable under the circumstances.

We're progressing as your post illustrates and I'm sure we will again next year, we need to follow the example of Brighton and I'm certain we'll get there.

Edited by Morepork

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe I'm a clapper but I'm proud of the progress and excited about next year. 

Just praying there's minimal changes made, players not bought for the sake of it. 

Or vital players sold or wanting to leave...

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe I'm a clapper but I'm proud of the progress and excited about next year. 

Just praying there's minimal changes made, players not bought for the sake of it. 

I'm a frapper - frustrated clapper.

Im unbelievably delighted with overall progress, and looking forward to another season, but terribly frustrated with throwing away such an opportunity so predictably and feebly.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Im unbelievably delighted with overall progress, and looking forward to another season, but terribly frustrated with throwing away such an opportunity so predictably and feebly.

I can understand that, imagine st the beginning of the season you were offered one off games vs Huds and Reading to go up you'd be ecstatic. 

Maybe I underestimated both of these teams as I thought throughout the season their bubble would burst.... but it never. Credit where it's due, they stayed above us for majority of the season and it wasn't as easy to get by them as I, many pundits, Fullham fans, our fans expected. 

I think I've rationalized it now, and I hope internally the club has too and building players back up and planning well. A good pre season, fully fit squad and shipped many players out could see us playing football again, knowing if needed we can grind out results too! 

20 minutes ago, The Claw said:

what's your problem?

Looks great on paper, but you are missing the fact that we just folded again in the playoffs. We probably won't get a better chance and we bottled it. 

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Although devastating I can take the loss, like @holmeowl said it was the manner of the defeat, i was certain we'd throw everything at them in the home leg......but no.

Agreed mate. If you look at the season as a whole, had we not used 3 cm to play in a 4 man midfield we might even have troubled the top 2.

I still believe a change of manager is needed. 

Edited by Blue and white

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Agreed mate. If you look at the season as a whole, had we not used 3 cm to play in a 4 man midfield we might even have troubled the top 2.

I still believe a change of manager is needed. 

Thats my belief too.

We were 10th when Carlos stopped using 3 CMs every week.

We were top of the form league all season after that. And that's despite injuries. It just shows that it's about a team, not shoe-horning individuals onto the field at the expense of shape.

And to revert back to the tried and failed 3 CMs for the play-offs....words fail me.

Edited by Holmowl

If you stood in Fargate handing out fivers, someone would complain it wasn't tenners. 

We finished the season with six wins and two draws, not counting the reserves narrow defeat.  Penalties are a lottery. 

Our performances against Huddersfield were poor by our standards but get over it.  The players will.  

57 minutes ago, The Claw said:

what's your problem?

Looking at that sequence suggests we'll finish 1st in the championship next year? :columbo:

53 minutes ago, The Claw said:

what's your problem?

Progress without doubt but dont you just think with the squad we have something is not quite right and the 2 performances against udders were well below our expectations however mr Chansiri has changed our club beyond belief and at last we have optimism for the future

5 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

The problem for me is:

The aim was promotion and we failed.

We are as boring to watch now as we were under Grey.

Millions and millions wasted on bang average players that are on long contracts and are in the twilight of their careers.

Far too heavily reliant, given the money spent, on the squad Grey put together on a shoestring.

Failure to address the obvious weaknesses in the squad.

No balance to the side.

Insisting on playing certain players regardless of formation resulting in square pegs in round holes.

Refusal, on the face of it at least, to give other players a chance.

I don't believe CC will take us up.

Maybe I'm a moaner or baybe I just view what is success differently to others.

Agree, a lot of changes needed, just hope any more money is spent wisely, not sure cc can do that

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don't see the point of subjective criticism of what Carlos could've done with these tactics or those selections.

No one knows for sure even with hindsight. The manager does what he believes he needs to. Second leg pre match interview he indicated he needs hutch to protect the defenders.

He's aware that better players are required at the back but there were no players available "within the parameters".

For a first season in English football I think he did pretty damn well, second season was trying to adjust to the competitiveness of reputedly the most difficult league to be promoted from.

Over the course of two seasons he tried different things to reach whatever goals were set which we aren't privy to.

He's trying to learn and adapt yet still managed to improve on last season.

Maybe another manager would have done more with the players or time scale but how long would that have lasted? Would they have achieved stability and improvement? 

Would they portray such a likable and open personality?

With Carlos the evidence suggests we have a pretty decent all round package as a manager and coach and in my opinion has held his own in the fire pit of English football.

I firmly believe in stability, Carlos has delivered this so we should offer him the same in return...

Think It's the realisation that we aren't as good as many believe we are. This years play offs presented a fantastic opportunity for promotion - no stand out favourite but we fell short. Others will say that it's been a great season to finish 4th (which it was).

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thats my belief too.

We were 10th when Carlos stopped using 3 CMs every week.

We were top of the form league all season after that. And that's despite injuries. It just shows that it's about a team, not shoe-horning individuals onto the field at the expense of shape.

And to revert back to the tried and failed 3 CMs for the play-offs....words fail me.

Speaks for itself mate. We spent around 25m and finished 2 places higher, great but that means sweat FA now, but hey we live in an ADHD world whatever that means.

15 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I don't see the point of subjective criticism of what Carlos could've done with these tactics or those selections.

No one knows for sure even with hindsight. The manager does what he believes he needs to. Second leg pre match interview he indicated he needs hutch to protect the defenders.

He's aware that better players are required at the back but there were no players available "within the parameters".

For a first season in English football I think he did pretty damn well, second season was trying to adjust to the competitiveness of reputedly the most difficult league to be promoted from.

Over the course of two seasons he tried different things to reach whatever goals were set which we aren't privy to.

He's trying to learn and adapt yet still managed to improve on last season.

Maybe another manager would have done more with the players or time scale but how long would that have lasted? Would they have achieved stability and improvement? 

Would they portray such a likable and open personality?

With Carlos the evidence suggests we have a pretty decent all round package as a manager and coach and in my opinion has held his own in the fire pit of English football.

I firmly believe in stability, Carlos has delivered this so we should offer him the same in return...

Love your loyalty and respect for his personality and efforts, which are plain for all to see. He has worked his socks off and will always be fondly thought of by 99% of us.

But, that team, and that set-up, is his preferred approach. It fell short last season, and he repeated it this season. He doesn't see that it's wrong. 

For the opening game next season, everyone fit, he would pick that team. Maybe Hooper for Fletcher, but same shape and style.