next year

Love CC and I think we will go up.

But the premier league is a different beast and I think we have 3 maybe 4 players who are good enough.

Westwood, Lees, Lee and FF. We will need to spend big and as a group of fans we have to get our heads around this, our other players don't have what it takes and we will have to accept losing some favourites. SWFC as an entity needs to move forward and I'm afraid it means a new coach and a massive influx of new players. I've been today and a midfield of the neshers bannan and reach, coupled with the age of Wallace and jones is just not up to it.

Not wanting to be defeatist, but bringing Adthe on as plan B is not a way to the champion's league, we have to have bigger aspirations and that is going to upset many of you.

Love them as I do, Semedo, Bannan, Palmer, Pudil, Hooper, are just not good enough and we will all need to accept the fact and move on. 

2 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

no, he's not, or he would have been there years ago. I rate him as a player, a bloke and a Man, but he's not a premier league striker. Sorry.  

Okay then - but, he was there with Norwich!

I totally disagree, think Hooper has enough about him to play in prem as long as his good attitude remains. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

6 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Love CC and I think we will go up.

But the premier league is a different beast and I think we have 3 maybe 4 players who are good enough.

Westwood, Lees, Lee and FF. We will need to spend big and as a group of fans we have to get our heads around this, our other players don't have what it takes and we will have to accept losing some favourites. SWFC as an entity needs to move forward and I'm afraid it means a new coach and a massive influx of new players. I've been today and a midfield of the neshers bannan and reach, coupled with the age of Wallace and jones is just not up to it.

Not wanting to be defeatist, but bringing Adthe on as plan B is not a way to the champion's league, we have to have bigger aspirations and that is going to upset many of you.

Love them as I do, Semedo, Bannan, Palmer, Pudil, Hooper, are just not good enough and we will all need to accept the fact and move on. 

Bigger than Adthe you say; who've you got in mind exactly?

lol

this, I'm afraid, is such a blindingly obvious observation

yet author comes across as if he's scared to make the point

we love our players of course we do but we know they move on so we love the next lot and so on and so on

wawaw

move on

Collectively our defence is not far off good enough. The number of clean sheets over the last couple of seasons supports that. You can change the individuals for supposedly better players, but you're going to sacrifice some of the cohesion and understanding. 

As an example, many would probably say Hutch is a better centre half than Loovens, but Loovens/Lees just seems to work.

Woukd be a nice problem to have though!

Burnley didn't sign loads of players and they seem to be doing okay. Obviously they had a better squad going up but not a million miles off. Dont forget we beat two prem teams last season!

Id argue Hutch and Abdi certainly good enough, infact didn't Abdi score a fair few goals last season for Watford? Sure Hooper Hunt Reach Bannan and Fletcher have all played at that level before too.