next year

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Connie's mine now Spencer.

We laugh now but as you know she would only have a bath in full

snorkle gear, 

i turned my back for for a moment and she had made toilet in the bath, using it like a toy boat she was and to this day I have no idea where she got the flag to go in it from, or where it went 

Scary to think when I watched us vs Middlesborough twice last season how much better they were than us, totally out played us in all areas of the game - now they're struggling in the PL and will likely be relegated back down to the Championship. Strange to comprehend that even though we've probably gotten a little bit better, if we were to play next weekend i'm sure the result would still be the same.

If we go up we would have to spend a considerable amount of money or we'd go straight back down again, can't escape that. 

It's hard to tell if a player is good enough for the Premier League when they are doing well with us. Hooper wasn't good enough for Norwich last year, and they were relegated. Then again, maybe they got that wrong - their team over all is not as good as ours.

Similar story with Fletcher at Sunderland and Jones, Reach at Boro and Jones at Burnley. Also Foresestiri and Abdi at Watford, though they weren't shipped off asap following promotion, and Watford are significantly better than those other teams.

Sure,. if we go up, we can strengthen all over by bringing in 5-6 15million pound players, but I don;t know that would be wise

9 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

that's life, that's business, and that I'm afraid is what modern sport and footy is all about. Wish it wasn't but it is. Roy of the rovers never existed.

Think your stance is a bit short sighted - we've got a few young players who've not hit their prime and several peak players who still want to prove a point. As long as the majority stepped up to the plate, all would be okay. No doubt we would need to improve and add in some areas, but your view that there would need to be a complete overhaul is, in my opinion, unsubstantiated! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Collectively our defence is not far off good enough. The number of clean sheets over the last couple of seasons supports that. You can change the individuals for supposedly better players, but you're going to sacrifice some of the cohesion and understanding. 

As an example, many would probably say Hutch is a better centre half than Loovens, but Loovens/Lees just seems to work.

Woukd be a nice problem to have though!

I beg to differ but our defence is nowhere near good enough in the prem.  There is an incredible lack of pace and despite both hunt and pudil playing better recently I still don't think we have a decent full back at the club. If we do go up I would have loved us to sign Cahill this summer but think that's v unlikely now with John terry having being released. 

19 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

I love how everyone is thinking we'll go up. I'm still hoping we'll make the playoffs!! 

Absolutely. It can still go pear shaped from here.

Never take anything for granted. Anyone remember a defeat in the FA cup final in virtually the last moment of the game?

On 18/04/2017 at 00:42, scram said:

FF didn't play a premiership game for Watford

Abdi played virtually the entire premier season - and did well

Abdi is definitely a premier quality player

In the right system...

I hate talk of "building a team around a player", but if you had to play a system and line-up that best suited Abdi and the team, what would it have been?