Player on loan (Not JR)

18 minutes ago, Smogmonster73 said:

Not sure what the Sheffield papers are quoting but up here there has been nothing on Wednesday buying or loaning Jordan. Villa & Leeds only surprisingly.  

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at Leeds by the end of this window.

22 minutes ago, Smogmonster73 said:

Not sure what the Sheffield papers are quoting but up here there has been nothing on Wednesday buying or loaning Jordan. Villa & Leeds only surprisingly.  

I was saying the same thing to a mate today, there's been hardly any paper talk linking us with with him but the bookies have us favourites to sign him. 

10 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

if what Mal says comes of then we won't be getting JR too then 

TBF ozzie It wouldn't surprise me. in fact I'd expect it, that we have negotiations going on in several directions 

This rhodes business is high stakes, not only have we to attract the lad, we have to be able to pay his wages and fight off other suitors 

we should looking at alternatives 

4 minutes ago, Smogmonster73 said:

I'm surprised nobody including yourselves not come in for Nugent. He's a good championship player who grafts for 90 minutes and will score goals. 

How old is he now? I'd have loved him a few years back.

3 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

I'm going to say crouch. Abit more random. But there's no chance Rhodes will be playing for us ever. That ship sailed years ago when he went for 7 million and we were 7 million short

Crouch has become part of Stokes first team recently, and we have target men in the squad already 

27 minutes ago, steelowl said:

TBF ozzie It wouldn't surprise me. in fact I'd expect it, that we have negotiations going on in several directions 

This rhodes business is high stakes, not only have we to attract the lad, we have to be able to pay his wages and fight off other suitors 

we should looking at alternatives 

Have to agree with this school of thought. JR would be a coup, up there with Di Canio coming in imo, but I'm sure, with our track record, that we'll be doing some business in private / under the radar.

Under DC, we haven't announced anything early or during negotiations, yet we've done a lot of deals. Can't see January passing without a striker coming in. This is our last chance this season for a big push at the top 2. DC has done all he can so far, kept his word & I reckon he'll do what is needed now & back CC again.