Player on loan (Not JR)

24 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Don't want Bamford he's spent two years doing nothing 

chelsea want him as a utility player, we are getting him on loan so carlos can train him at fullback or centre back

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What ulloa with 23 champ goals against Jordan Rhodes 161 :laugh:

In fairness, Ulloa has scored prem goals for the champions. Rhodes can't even get a kick up there. No doubt Rhodes is the better finisher, but Ulloa much the stronger target man. 

30k a week for 5 months equates to around 600k. Likely Plus a loan fee.

Let's see who comes in. But for the cost, I wonder if we would consider picking up someone with resale value. Unless it is Rhodes of course. 

It will be interesting to see how much Bogle goes for when he eventually does.

If this is even true, from some of the names already mentioned I don't think that it would be Patrick Bamford or Jonathan Calleri as they are already on loan at Burnley and West Ham from their respective clubs. My own personal list would be as follows, based on my thinking that it's more of a busy, nippy striker that's needed.

1. David Nugent (even further down the pecking order now at Boro now that Gestede has signed)
  2. Lewis Grabban (not even getting a look-in at Bournemouth so may need to time to get fit)
  3. Arouna Kone (has pace but would he provide regular goals?)
  4. Fraizer Campbell (bit like Lewis Grabban really, a forgotten man who may need time to get fit)
  5. Viktor Fischer (not been used much for Boro and may be more of a Forestieri type player than a Hooper one)
  6. Benik Afobe (my personal choice but think he's still in the Bournemouth first team plans and has been involved in 10 games this season)
  7. Leonardo Ulloa (if it's a bigger striker that Carlos is after then he could definitely do a job but I still think in the PL)

Anyway, that's just a few names to throw into the mix.

54 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

We have had pretty good links with Tony Pulis. Currently out of favour despite a £20 Million bid from Stoke and Crystal Palace.  He hasn't even made  the bench. 

Saido Berahino.

That's my shout anyhow.

Thanks Saido.

personally I think Pulis is past it.

7 hours ago, MAL said:

I have been told that we are after getting a Premiereship striker on loan, @ £40k a week (i know it is not groundbreaking news).

I don't know the name, but this one is not Jordan Rhodes.

That reminded me of a situation around 10 years ago MAL and i'm not taking the p.

So i've been out on site all morning, things aren't brilliant out there and I get back in the office where I have a young graduate engineer who says, "Ha, I got a message for you, someone rang and wanted to speak to you, I didn't get his number or his name, not sure what company he was from or what he wanted."

Well I says, someone rang, you don't know who and you don't know what he wanted, why the f--- did you mention it then.

That is not directed at you BTW