Nuhui Heading

Big Dave has and always will always divide opinions on here. The main problem being how can a big lump like him be so poor at heading the ball into the net!!

But I can't be the only person to note how good he is at defending from set pieces as he did on last night.

How can someone excel at heading to defend and be so poor offensively?

4 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Big Dave has and always will always divide opinions on here. The main problem being how can a big lump like him be so poor at heading the ball into the net!!

But I can't be the only person to note how good he is at defending from set pieces as he did on last night.

Scoring with a header is a lot harder than heading clear. With this logic surely we should be questioning why Tom Lees hasn't scored all season from set pieces?

Comes on when we're losing and we win. Came on when we're winning last night, defended well and held the ball up well. Not as good as our other options for starting but an excellent, different option from the bench who can do a job. Can we just leave it now? It's been 3 years. We've progressed past him but he still has a role to play

When this lad has been on the field, you either get a sensationalised " Nuhiu is a hero, he changed the game and cured cancer and I love him" or "Nuhiu is the worst player and human being the world has ever seen", there's never any middle ground

Next time, can we just have a Nuhiu is alright thread? 

Has a role to play . Will be for the most part coming on Last 15-20 trying to make the ball stick up top . Defending set pieces and when chacing a game when balls are pumped into the box , might not necessarily win the ball but we always seem to pick up the ball in " 2nd phase of play " when he's on

only on for a few minutes but he played a part in the win with that header and the fact that he held the ball well to run down the clock ....one thing i did notice was a surprising turn of pace coz he absolutley flew up the touchline while warming up down near the corner flag when bullen called for him to get ready to come on .

I think its how certain players attack the ball, you notice it more with defenders than with strikers. Some players read the game well and sort of let things come to them a player like loovens wins everything in the air but doesnt really break sweat or launch himself at the ball as he doesnt need to but this makes him poor attacking our corners, more erratic powerful defenders like reda and zayette are better in the air attacking than defending as they gamble on what they think is going to happen and throw everything at it, which is why they make more mistakes at the back.

Nuhiu plays like this, he tries to read where the ball is going and then get his body in position between the ball and defender to hold him off, wheres as a more mobile striker will gamble and attack the space.

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

only on for a few minutes but he played a part in the win with that header and the fact that he held the ball well to run down the clock ....one thing i did notice was a surprising turn of pace coz he absolutley flew up the touchline while warming up down near the corner flag when bullen called for him to get ready to come on .

He passed it 7 times.....4 of them went to the opposition.....how does that mean he held the ball up well?

1 hour ago, ruscol85 said:

Its miles easier to get a head on something when you don't really mind where its going. Whereas when you're trying to score timing is everything.

so what your saying is hes a rubbish centre forward?

Been the fact timing is one of the most important roles of scoring

1 hour ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Maybe we could turn him into that big nasty defensive midfielder we crave so much