Nuhui Heading

14 minutes ago, Blueblood said:
11 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

He's been at the club since 2013, how are some people still calling him "big Dave" and misspelling Nuhiu

Maybe we could turn him into that big nasty defensive midfielder we crave so much 

Maybe we could njust sell him to all the clubs lining up to sign him:laugh:.

Its big dave because deep down people know hes just a joke figure

4 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

A joke on several thousand quid a week, playing football at the top end of the Championship, not sure I get the punchline

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Came on when we're winning last night, defended well and held the ball up well.

Makes a nice change from the game before, where he came on when we were winning and we lost.

His ball retention is poor, and he misses chances which would put games to bed. Ok, he wins the odd defensive header, but if we're seeing out a game we're probably better off putting Sasso on or further packing the midfield.

36 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

He's playing a game he loves for thousands of pounds a week for a club he loves...I'd much rather be a joke figure on a football forum spewing hate on a player for a team that he purports to support lol

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

He's playing a game he loves for thousands of pounds a week for a club he loves...I'd much rather be a joke figure on a football forum spewing hate on a player for a team that he purports to support lol

I'd rather be a joke figure and be getting 1000's each week for the sport I love. No doubt about that.

BTW I'm bored of saying this, I don't hate the bloke, never have! or will any player whilst they play for us. But will not change my mind on his striking skills until he scores 30% or the sitters he misses regularly.

I for one call him nuhui not big dave, why not ask the ones that call him this the reasons why?

32 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Makes a nice change from the game before, where he came on when we were winning and we lost.

His ball retention is poor, and he misses chances which would put games to bed. Ok, he wins the odd defensive header, but if we're seeing out a game we're probably better off putting Sasso on or further packing the midfield.

He did very well against Forest. Helped in the winner, took 2 or 3 of their defenders' attention as soon as he came on. So I assume you mean the Birmingham game where he the bar and nearly retook the lead? 

Why I said "Can we not do this again" is because every one on here already has their mind made up about him one way or the other. I'm not going to convince you his ball retention is any good and you're not going to convince me that he's not a good option to bring on at certain times.

Fans of other clubs hate it when we bring him on.

Lets just agree to disagree, support him when he's on the pitch and hope we sign better.

If not i'll break out my spreadsheets again

19 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Nuhiu is just another Kieran Lee- underrated by some of our fans! 

Kieran Lee and Nuhiu are at the opposite ends of the scale. You only have to watch Fletcher for 5 minutes just to see how mediocre Nuhiu. He beats him in every aspect .

4 hours ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Big Dave has and always will always divide opinions on here. The main problem being how can a big lump like him be so poor at heading the ball into the net!!

But I can't be the only person to note how good he is at defending from set pieces as he did on last night.

How can someone excel at heading to defend and be so poor offensively?

it's quite simple...

an attacker has less teammates for support, so has a smaller target to find one, than a defender does with more teammates around him...

that also applies to scoring, the goal isn't that big in comparison to a defensive player having a target of clearing the ball...

and he's a sloppy **** and that doesn't help...

1 hour ago, coreyswfc said:

Kieran Lee and Nuhiu are at the opposite ends of the scale. You only have to watch Fletcher for 5 minutes just to see how mediocre Nuhiu. He beats him in every aspect .

i'll bet you that at a wednesday corner nuhiu will take up the attention of more defenders than the higher scoring lee will, and the fact that he does is one of his assets...