A lot of you will look very silly after watching this

45 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

"A lot of you will look very silly after watching this"

5 points after 5 games

No goals scored from open play in 360 minutes of league football

It's not good enough. Plenty of promising signs, but there's no point looking positive without getting the results

Hopefully we'll repeat what we did last season and turn it around after the first international break. The saving grace is that the positive signs are there... that at least provides some hope that we can perform as we should do this season

I got battered on here last season for seeing very encouraging signs from the Burnley defeat. Laughed at in fact.

Weve got a great squad, the results will come.

6 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I got battered on here last season for seeing very encouraging signs from the Burnley defeat. Laughed at in fact.

Weve got a great squad, the results will come.

I've got no doubt about anything that you've said... but a slow start can be the difference between a successful season and just a 'good' one. Having seen how close Brighton were last season, it'd be devastating if our slow start contributes to us missing out by an equally narrow margin. 

Our team on paper, coupled with some of the things I've seen this season, tells me we should be right up there again. As things currently stand, I can see us playing good football but not being able to get results... something will need to change over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed, they once again do! 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

"A lot of you will look very silly after watching this"

5 points after 5 games

No goals scored from open play in 360 minutes of league football

It's not good enough. Plenty of promising signs, but there's no point looking positive without getting the results

Hopefully we'll repeat what we did last season and turn it around after the first international break. The saving grace is that the positive signs are there... that at least provides some hope that we can perform as we should do this season

Well I was assuming, and I thought it was quite obvious, that the thread was about the Brentford match and some of the comments some people made about it on the back of only having listened on the radio or read the matchday thread.

47 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Midfielders aren't paid to score goals. 

But then there's the case of saying nuhui isn't paid to score either he's a target link up player. 

No he isn't he's a target centre forward, that with his snail like pace should be running the line in the penalty area not trying fancy flicks out wide

1 minute ago, ViolaOwls said:

But then there's the case of saying nuhui isn't paid to score either he's a target link up player. 

No he isn't he's a target centre forward, that with his snail like pace should be running the line in the penalty area not trying fancy flicks out wide

It longer than I thought 

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I've got no doubt about anything that you've said... but a slow start can be the difference between a successful season and just a 'good' one. Having seen how close Brighton were last season, it'd be devastating if our slow start contributes to us missing out by an equally narrow margin. 

Our team on paper, coupled with some of the things I've seen this season, tells me we should be right up there again. As things currently stand, I can see us playing good football but not being able to get results... something will need to change over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed, they once again do! 

I don't disagree.

id hoped that we'd get off to a flier whilst others were getting used to the division.

And I still think we need to be physically stronger at times.

All that sad, we've got a fantastic squad full of quality, a couple of tweaks and we could take off.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Youd have a point if we weren't making chances

He does have a point. We haven't scored.... bit of a difference between making chances and scoring.
Last I saw, there was no making chances + or - in the league tables.

However, I believe with a bit of luck and a few confidence goals behind the team, we'll be on our way to challenge.

We've dominated mostof the games so far, we just need to make the bloody chances count.

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He does have a point. We haven't scored.... bit of a difference between making chances and scoring.
Last I saw, there was no making chances + or - in the league tables.

However, I believe with a bit of luck and a few confidence goals behind the team, we'll be on our way to challenge.

We've dominated mostof the games so far, we just need to make the bloody chances count.

No, he said

'at the moment we couldn't score from

open play if our lives depended on it'

which is cobblers 

38 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No, he said

'at the moment we couldn't score from

open play if our lives depended on it'

which is cobblers 

really hate to spoil your comments... but we haven't. I'm only stating the obvious. I agree we are going to get through this and it's early season. But, unfortunately, he's correct.
There been one goal and that was from a goalkeeping error, Chances, yes. Goals, No.

Three goals - One Pen, One Corner, one FF from the goalies kicking mistake.

I do however believe it's premature to write the season off. It's just a bit concerning, especially against Burton and Brentford.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

i prefer to see all the positives from yesterday  CC says we're back and watching that a 1- 3  1-4 victory wouldn't have been out of place

of course we didn't win but there are going to be a lot of dummies to pick up when we get rolling

Last year this

Last year that

Its gone and we're equal 22nd

Look at April 2016 for instance.  Tell me how great we were then.

We absolutely nearly bottled it.

People calling for Carlos's head because they heard on the radio Joao missed a sitter.

Cop on ffs