FFP (again, apologies)

56 minutes ago, sam1 said:

We've not even spent anything this season. Sold a shedload of season tickets and memberships at a fortune. Just brought 3 new kits out at extortionate prices and an apparent owner/consortium who could buy Abramovich out with what's in his back pocket. Somethings not adding up for me.

Wages, wages, wages.

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

'Plans'

everyone misheard / misunderstood his accent

Fair enough. Are these plans the rather large increase on ticket prices, replica kits, executive boxes, the eyebrow raising very regular turnover of off field staff etc? 

All the above is fine of course if there's something in return.

Who knows. All smoke and daggers and cloaks and mirrors. Aren't all clubs worried though?  

They're all struggling to get the inflated prices they want for players; yet balk at the sums wanted for players they're trying to buy.

Football is as screwed as the housing market. In a bubble of its own making.

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

We've not even spent anything this season. Sold a shedload of season tickets and memberships at a fortune. Just brought 3 new kits out at extortionate prices and an apparent owner/consortium who could buy Abramovich out with what's in his back pocket. Somethings not adding up for me.

But we have spent some, just because Fletcher is a free you have too take into account his signing in fee, agent fee and players wages for the year.

Fletcher won't have come cheap and Chansiri could not buy out Abramovich he's not that rich. There is no consortium 

We shelled out roughly 11 million on fees alone last year, again you then have the new players wage, signing on fee and agent fees plus loan fees to take into account.

These things add up, we was already losing 5 million per year under Mandaric that won't have changed yet.

We need to get shut of the likes of bus, dielna, mcgugan, Lachman, Vermajil.

Personally think there still room to spend but it maybe getting too close too ffp for Chansiri liking.

Nixon maybe right this season could be a gamble either way.

I think it was said at the time of Joe Palmer's arrival that one of his strengths is his knowledge of the UEFA FFP model so I would expect one of his tasks will be to keep us within FFP limits and it was in one of the steering group meeting summaries from last week that he said we would adhere to it.

As for how this effects us for this season I'm not really sure. We didn't really go barmy with transfer fees last season but as many are saying on here the wage bill will be very high. There's obviously a desire not to go bust in our approach and that should be commended after what's happened to us in the last decade but I think DC is now finding himself a little hamstrung by the two year promotion target he initially set?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Whats their income like in comparison to ours?

Probably higher, but their outlay last season was obscene for a club that - like ourselves - hasn't had top-flight revenue for a long time. 

I'm slowly coming to terms that we are not going up this year, the much needed investment in the first team isn't coming as it looks like chansiri is finding any excuse he can to not  spend. The league is going to be much harder and throwing Fletcher into the mix isn't sufficient. Another season of aiming to scrape play offs looks likely.

Edited by sam1

None of this takes away the fact we are desperate for some cover in key areas.  We'rre not going to go through the season without injuries. It will be interestiing to see the calibre of players who come in if this is for real.Getting close now.

Just now, sam1 said:

I think I'm slowly coming to terms that we are not going up this year, the much needed investment in the first team isn't coming as it looks like chansiri is finding any excuse he can to not  spend. The league is going to be much harder and throwing Fletcher into the mix isn't sufficient. Another season of aiming to scrape play offs looks likely.

I'd take a play off place if it was offered right now.. it looks like there's only 1 auto place up for grabs (if as we all suspect Newcastle will walk it this season)

We would go into it a more experienced team.