FFP (again, apologies)

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

If Bournemouth can get up without problems, we can.

While FFP seems to have crippled some clubs, others seem to accept it as the cost of success.

Wonder who Nixon - who has a reasonable pedigree - is referring to. May be McCormack.

1 minute ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

If Bournemouth can get up without problems, we can.

While FFP seems to have crippled some clubs, others seem to accept it as the cost of success.

Wonder who Nixon - who has a reasonable pedigree - is referring to. May be McCormack.

McCormack is the closest thing I can think of to a big buy that might be an issue for FFP, as he is now at his most expensive in terms of both transfer fee and wages. But it's not really an FFP issue, it's a good financial management issue - he's a poo poo or bust type of signing, and I can see why DC would be hesitant about that.

12 minutes ago, marshy said:

Am I missing something here? but many seem worried that the three relegated clubs are able to cherry pick the best players and rightly so. However Are the 3 relegated clubs next not going to be able to do the same with the monies available? and the three the season after that & so on.

That's the reality sadly.

The truth of the matter is that Nixon knows just as much as us fans, not much.

We also can't do owt about it so just sit tight and see what unfolds.

Even tho we were in the mire a few years ago some fans still want us to spend, spend, spend.

Rather have a football club than just recklessly haemorrhage money trying to reach the promised land of the premier league

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, Hirstys left peg said:

The truth if the matter is, that's complete rubbish. Nixon is a paid journalist who's job it is to know stuff before we do, and report on it.

Otherwise it wouldn't be news, if he was reporting what we already know

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

I'm not an expert, but didn't City fall foul of FFP , thus suggesting Premier League can impose sanctions? Also, FFP comes from UEFA so think all European leagues can apply penalties - PSG also got done.

While I accept Bournemouth were well funded, they also had a great scouting network - eg buying Wilson- plus a great young manager. We are getting there.

Just now, Hirstys left peg said:

We also can't do owt about it so just sit tight and see what unfolds.

Even tho we were in the mire a few years ago some fans still want us to spend, spend, spend.

Rather have a football club than just recklessly haemorrhage money trying to reach the promised land of the premier league

How can you be happy with mediocrity? It's cost a fortune to watch Wednesday last season, sold nearly 20,000 season tickets we was on TV about 10 times, we made it to Wembley, must of got decent prize money, had 2 kits brought out in 2 years costing a bomb, a rich chairman etc etc etc

And are yet to spend a penny, forget wages that's no excuse for not spending a penny on transfer fees.

Some of you are starting to sound like pigs, blindly accepting a chairman that must make a fortune off them and reluctant to reinvest it.

8 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

I'm not an expert, but didn't City fall foul of FFP , thus suggesting Premier League can impose sanctions? Also, FFP comes from UEFA so think all European leagues can apply penalties - PSG also got done.

While I accept Bournemouth were well funded, they also had a great scouting network - eg buying Wilson- plus a great young manager. We are getting there.

This is nothing to do with UEFA or The premier league. The football league have their own FFP rules.

16 minutes ago, sam1 said:

How can you be happy with mediocrity? It's cost a fortune to watch Wednesday last season, sold nearly 20,000 season tickets we was on TV about 10 times, we made it to Wembley, must of got decent prize money, had 2 kits brought out in 2 years costing a bomb, a rich chairman etc etc etc

And are yet to spend a penny, forget wages that's no excuse for not spending a penny on transfer fees.

Some of you are starting to sound like pigs, blindly accepting a chairman that must make a fortune off them and reluctant to reinvest it.

Rubbish.

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The truth if the matter is, that's complete rubbish. Nixon is a paid journalist who's job it is to know stuff before we do, and report on it.

Otherwise it wouldn't be news, if he was reporting what we already know

journalists also make stuff up

1 minute ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

Rubbish.

It's not, if we can't spend a decent bit of money after the season we've just had then God help every other team in the league. Because the likes of Preston who finished in a respectable position won't of generated a fifth of what we did.

42 minutes ago, sam1 said:

School holiday is it ??

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Hirstys left peg said:

School holiday is it ??

Is that the best response you've got?

3 hours ago, sam1 said:

We've not even spent anything this season. Sold a shedload of season tickets and memberships at a fortune. Just brought 3 new kits out at extortionate prices and an apparent owner/consortium who could buy Abramovich out with what's in his back pocket. Somethings not adding up for me.

will someone help us out here...

and i'd appreciate answers from only those that actually are knowledgeable...

where's the borderline lie between our owner dc, and this consortium?

as i always thought this baby was dc's alone...

46 minutes ago, sam1 said:

Unfortunately I think you're spot on. I reckon the chairman's back passage has dropped out and FFP is just the nearest large rock to hide behind.

I've said it before and been castigated for it but somethings not quite right.

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

will someone help us out here...

and i'd appreciate answers from only those that actually are knowledgeable...

where's the borderline lie between our owner dc, and this consortium?

as i always thought this baby was dc's alone...

I dont think anyone knows