SAG Freedom of Information Request

The problem with a meeting is you've got nothing down in writing, they could just tell you what they think you want to hear, something they could always deny later, it's your word against theirs

Things need to be presented in written form.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Surely this is a matter for SWFC plc and not some angry supporter. It could create issues that are not open to public scrutiny.

But if SAG have done everything by the book, they have nothing to worry about. Don't the authorities always say that if we've done nothing wrong, we've nothing to be afraid of?

Ask for the minutes to be provided as requested - but note that the offer for a meeting between fans and SAG is a welcome one and should go ahead once the minutes have been read.

This ^.    A constructive meeting would be great, but you asked for the minutes, and you want them for a constructive purpose.

Surely this is a matter for SWFC plc and not some angry supporter. It could create issues that are not open to public scrutiny.

Not a sense of anger driving this Albert. Simply inquisitive as to the reasoning behind the decisions taken. I agree that the club has to abide by the wishes of SAG but if the ground is genuinely unfit to hold its quoted maximum capacity I'd quite like to know why.

Thank him/her for the offer of a meeting but respectfully request the minutes......a freedom of information request is an opportunity for a citizen (you and I) to SATISFY ourselves people who act on our behalf in public positions are making decisions with which we might all reasonably agree.

If it's confirmed that the minutes can't be provided, you should ask for the reason why not.

I don't think you should infer that having been offered a meeting rather minutes, SAG have anything to hide...and given the decency of Hillsborough Inquest, SAG would almost certainly expect some public scrutiny.

If you accept the offer to meet - and I'm sure you'd carefully prepare the questions you'd ask - but remain dissatisfied with the responses, its likely a subsequent request for minutes would be refused..."the chairmen has set time aside to meet you...all reasonable steps have been taken to furnish a response etc,..,"

On the point of whether club should take this fwd rather than an individual...think they're likely to keep their powder dry so soon after the Inquiry

Well done the Regulator.

A great personal initiative on your part.

And while we are on about authorities depriving SWFC of money it would be good to have an FOI request re the Football League's decision to allocate Hull 39,000 Play Off tickets.

Did Hull say that they could sell that number? 

It has cost us £1million as a result.

Hit them with the same request from 10 or 20 others on here, get half to accept the meeting and half to decline.   If the plan is to hide from the request that would get action, even though I doubt the salient parts would be available anyway.

OK. The person that I'm dealing with has responded already despite being away and on holiday which I thought was pretty decent. The minutes have been collated and someone else will be in touch after the bank holiday.

There's evidently a reasonable amount of interest on here about this so I'd be interested in any thoughts on sharing of information. To what extent am I allowed to?