SAG Freedom of Information Request

I'm a qualified Fire Risk Assessor and although I haven't inspected the North I have been on it a few times and the fire risk is pretty low. It's concrete and steel for one and there's very little flammable materials other than the seats and they don't spontaneously ignite. I would love to inspect the whole ground to get some perspective and take a look at the Fire Risk Assessment.

The other excuse I heard was because of the concourse but it was big enough when it was built so what has changed.

Guest mkowl

Compare the size of the concourse at Hillsborough with more modern grounds - thinking Stadium MK and Kc Stadium. I appreciate Derby debunks that theory

However it still comes down to the very simple fact that given the history of the stadium and the criticism of all those responsible for health and safety thereof then they will be doubly cautious. We can criticise and disagree as much as we want - probably with reason - but I can see why certain decisions are made

However it still comes down to the very simple fact that given the history of the stadium and the criticism of all those responsible for health and safety thereof then they will be doubly cautious. We can criticise and disagree as much as we want - probably with reason - but I can see why certain decisions are made

Me too, and if that is the reason then I would like to hear it - not use a host of nonsense excuses.

I can understand we are probably looked at from a different perspective to many other clubs but the disaster was a one off and Hillsborough has hosted many full house games both before and after. The cloak and dagger secrecy does no favours to anyone. If the rumour of MrC looking for alternative locations is true I can see why he is doing it if he can't maximise the capacity we are supposed to have at the minute.

I would suggest anyone interested in this subject, and indeed anyone who reads the minutes of the meetings, read Thd Green Guide fully too as that is the fundamental basis that any sports stadium safety regulations are built on (and will likely be referred to in the minutes a lot):

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf

(I *think* that is the latest one linked, but it does get fairly regularly revised.

I would suggest anyone interested in this subject, and indeed anyone who reads the minutes of the meetings, read Thd Green Guide fully too as that is the fundamental basis that any sports stadium safety regulations are built on (and will likely be referred to in the minutes a lot):

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf

(I *think* that is the latest one linked, but it does get fairly regularly revised.

Crikey. 232 pages.

Can someone read it and summarise please.

lol

SAG is a QANGO the people that sit on it are supposedly there to represent our intersts. It's in our interest to know who these people are/were , could we have a list of the names please along with their occupations and professional qualifications ?

Not specific names, but from the SAG Policy document linked above:

The core membership of each group is the same however other individuals and/or authorities may be invited as and when necessary. Set out below is the core membership at each group.

• Sports Grounds

o Head of Licensing or deputy (Chair)

o Stadium Management / Safety Officer o South Yorkshire Police

o South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue

o Yorkshire Ambulance Service

o City Council Building Standards

o City Council Health Protection Service

o and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority is invited to observe / advise

• Concerts / Large Scale Events etc.

o Head of Licensing or deputy (Chair)

o Event Safety Officer

o South Yorkshire Police

o South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue

o Yorkshire Ambulance Service

o City Council Building Standards

o City Council Health Protection Service

o City Council Safeguarding Children Officer o Urban Traffic Control

o Noise Nuisance Officer

o Production / Promotion Management

o Stewarding Company

o First Aid / Medical Provider

Interesting that every single one of the bodies sat on SAG are appointed rather than elected. Furthermore, each of the bodies are or have featured strongly

in the investigative and ongoing framework of 27 years ago. I wouldn't say they are doing anything other than acting in the public interest yet they are severely conflicted and consequently grossly over cautious !  

Minutes relating to SWFC now uploaded and (hopefully) on the following link. I also have available SUFC, Owlerton and Don Valley related minutes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ECopHAxcChSkZ0T0RlY3M5T3M

I haven't read through these in detail but it is surprising how little individual matches are discussed in these meetings. All very procedural and it strikes me that where we are now is the result of a cumulative effect of issues that have arisen over a number of years.

Flicked through that. Not much detail - seems to be mainly about stadium maintainance and the like.

Only skimmed, but it doesn't seem to address what we expected it to. Seen no discussion of individual matches.

Flicked through that. Not much detail - seems to be mainly about stadium maintainance and the like.

Only skimmed, but it doesn't seem to address what we expected it to. Seen no discussion of individual matches.

Would like to see the minutes from the meetings leading up to/regarding the Wycombe,Rangers and Brighton matches

I requested everything dating back to 2011 to make sure that I captured the Wycombe game specifically, either the planning for it or discussion after the event. No mention of it at all. The Cardiff game gets scant mention (potential clash with the Tour de Yorkshire).

What's not clear is whether consultations with the SAG members arise outside of these meetings by email for example. This was not part of my request.

Edited by The Regulator