Carlos' Challenge

Someone could make that into a motivational poster to spread around social media, here are the words -

"I will tell you one little story. Very short. When I was coach of Vitoria Setubal, we won the League Cup and were in the Europa League also.

At the beginning of the season when I built the team, we had a full-back, his name was Janicio. The previous season he was very bad at home, because every time he touched the ball, the environment was not positive.

The first idea when I arrived was letting the boy away from the club, but I saw him play and I saw some abilities in the player. I said 'No, we will keep him'.

The first game of the season, I gave a challenge to the fans. I said to them 'Listen, do the opposite to what you are doing with Janicio. Every time he makes a mistake, treat him to a round of applause, support him, and let's see then what he can do'.

He had an absolutely amazing game. He had a fantastic season. At the end of the season there was talk he could go to Benfica.

Imagine the change that happened to the boy, just because of the position of the fans. He became confident, strong, and he showed the real abilities he had.

So, I want to give a challenge to Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Imagine, if we see a single mistake, our fans give big support to our players, and give applause, and give them a push.

Imagine what they can do if Sheffield Wednesday fans don't stop, for one minute, to sing and push the team for the 96 minutes that we'll play.

This is my challenge to the fans - don't stop singing, don't stop to push the team, give applause to our players when they make a simple mistake, and let's see after the game what happened.

I think our players deserve this support. I am sure that, until the last second, our players will fight, will run.

I am sure our fans will accept my proposal."

Edited by KivoOwl

One of the best atmospheres Ive experienced watching Wednesday was against Brentford in the home leg of the Play offs in 2005. There may have only been 28 thousand or so there, so not even close to a sell out, but the supporters just wanted it so much. Every time there was a miss placed passed any of the usual moans and groans were quickly drowned out by a roar from the crowd. Bad passes that went to opponents or out for a throw-in were greeted with a wall of noise from the Kop and the whole of the North.

We need this same mentality tomorrow......from every single person. As Carlos says we need to support OUR OWN players for a change and make it difficult for Cardiff in every way possible.

Whilst Cardiffs manager and media spend their week talking us down, playing mind games and talking about referees we pull out THAT video with CC giving our fans an ego rub and a call to arms in his seductive tones.

Different class.

Absolutely.

We are now class top to bottom.

Love Carlos.

Massive game tomorrow can't wait to be out on that pitch now 26bd.png26bd.png26bd.png

12 retweets91 likes

David Garrido Retweeted Sheffield Wednesday

This is brilliant. Amazing words @carloscarvalha2, amazing work @swfc. Feel inspired, bring it on. #SWFC #UTO #WAWAW

I wasn't particularly nervous for tomorrow, but I am now.

Please make it happen people, remember 91 and the Millenenium Stadium, it does work.

Yeah, i was fine but just had a bit of a flutter in my stomach.

They should show that on the Scoreboard before the match.

Very inspiring, top man, we're lucky to have him.