Happy 148th Birthday The Wednesday

The Adelphi Hotel - formerly on the site of where the crucible theatre now stands ( I think?)

Would be a good idea that a bronze plaque be mounted up and placed as close to the actual spot as possible (similar to those placed in London houses etc, describing who once lived there) proclaiming 'On this day 4th September 1867 - The "Wednesday" Football club was formed on this site'..... Big unveil on the 150th anniversary tho!

Edited by owls-swfc

The Adelphi Hotel - formerly on the site of where the crucible theatre now stands ( I think?)

Would be a good idea that a bronze plaque be mounted up and placed as close to the actual spot as possible (similar to those placed in London houses etc, describing who once lived there) proclaiming 'On this day 4th September 1867 - The "Wednesday" Football club was formed on this site'..... Big unveil on the 150th anniversary tho!

We'd have to share the plaque as both Yorkshire CCC and the Sheffield Football Association were also formed there - they may be others but no one  with any history or of any note ! ;-)

We'd have to share the plaque as both Yorkshire CCC and the Sheffield Football Association were also formed there - they may be others but no one with any history or of any note ! ;-)

A separate plaque since not all formed on the same date....i.e. 4th September 1867

Edited by owls-swfc

If you were a friend i would dump you because of the number of times you have let me down, but i keep coming back to you come what may. Well until you price me out