Positive Carlos needs a war chest

Nuhiu is actually a pretty decent footballer with the ball at his feet.

I think the use he had for Gray's set up wasn't the kind of thing he was used to.

Btw I disagree we played one touch possession football under wilko. That was more about superior physicality and fitness.

The only time we have really pulled proper football off is when we had the likes of Sheridan and waddle. Without quality and intelligence it becomes a bit static and predictable.

Bouldy - I understand - divided opinion on Nuhiu.He's not a target man, has no pace but as a presence he's a nuisance but still needs to be picked up.Gray relied on him as a finisher - he's not - nor does he have pace to get on the end of hopeless balls over the top.IMO he has more to bring to the system than some others.IMO its all about the players following up play - like Lee was doing towards the end of last season - late runs into space.I'd be more immediately concerned for May, Lavery & Bus TBH.Great if we can get someone in, in that role but as far as I am concerned L**ds can have Chris Wood - there are other more pressing positions to fill.

Bus is a bit of a wild card in this striker debate. Nobody really knows what we've got in terms of quality with him yet. Just based on the brief bits I've seen plus the fact that he's played abroad, he's probably the most likely to feature in that central striking role.

I've never liked the idea of playing Nuhiu any other way than in a 2. Same with May (although I think he COULD if we become better at controlling possession). Can't see either playing much next season tbh. Lavery seems capable of playing left side of a 3, so he's probably in with a chance of playing more.

Can definitely see CC bringing another striker in who suits how he wants to play. And if 442 is now out of the question, May and Nuhiu are probably best off requesting a move.

I can imagine Nuhiu being of some use in the new set up, but I don't think he'll be a regular, and I think our pursuit of Kramer hinted at that. May, I'm certain, will be off. Lavery and Bus are harder to fathom, the former showed flashes, but goes missing a lot, and I didn't see enough of the latter. You have to assume that, if he didn't make an impact last season, he's not going to be a regular this season either. We need to bring in at least two new strikers

this looks positive......

Wednesday eye Portugal young-stars

Sheffield Wednesday's new coach Carlos Carvalhal is lining up two players from his native Portugal to join him at Hillsborough.

Carvalhal wants to sign Portuguese U21 winger Ricardo of Porto, on loan.

And he is also targeting Victor Goncalves,23, who is a midfielder at Gil Vicente and a former Portuguese U21 international.

What does Nixon say?

lol

The point I've made is that we can't pad our squad with signings like Susso and Lachman as it's risky they have no experience of this league which is a very hard one

If we do pad our squad with these types of players and they turn out to be duds - at least a 50/50 chance - then obviously forget relegation and start looking the other way

Domestic quality costs I know but what has DC come here to do??

Yes we can. If Loovens and Lees are the first choice, do not bother signing another CB unless they are clearly better than both, and relegate either of Lees or Loovens to back up? That will cost a lot in either fees or wages.

OR

We could get some do doubt riskier (but more importantly cheaper) back ups to our already good enough CB's of Lees and Loovens, and spend the money where we desperately need it instead - the Wings and up front.

I don't see how you can't see this?

If we'd signed Bent and Weiman we'd be delighted. This kind of quality may follow.....I'm saying it must or just accept lower mid table at best

RFwpPLj.jpg

Why dosent everyone save there judgment until atleaste 5/6 games into the season. No body has any idea what these new players we have and will sign will play like at championship level! There will be some bargains and some that perhaps don't perform as well as we would of hoped. Either way it will be interesting to see

UTO

We still cant attract top quality players that are the finished article. These will be sought out by the big championship teams with higher expectations this season and they will get chosen over us due to strength of the squad and finish last season.

Thats why we are going for 24-25 year olds who havent reached their best yet but have shown a lot of promise and should be able to contribute right away. These players should be cheap so hopefully we can sign a good amount of them, and even though only 60% will probably work out, we should hit more than we miss and find a number of good players entering their prime in the next couple of years.

This should be a time of excitement. The club is moving forward, you haven't lost anybody you can't replace. After the last 10 years, for once just sit back and enjoy the ride. See what happens as this is meant to be fun

This should be a time of excitement. The club is moving forward, you haven't lost anybody you can't replace. After the last 10 years, for once just sit back and enjoy the ride. See what happens as this is meant to be fun

Tell me about it mate lol

Here here mate, I can't wait for the season to start and to check out our new brand of football under the new regime, I guess some fans just hate change, some of the comments on here over the last few weeks have been nothing short of pathetic.

I can't believe there's really been a debate on whether Lavery is good enough and should be shipped out. He's scored goals on loan wherever he's been, scored a decent amount for us playing wide in his unfavoured position amongst a very uncreative team! He's young, will still improve, definitely can finish, heard him being talked about for the Northern Ireland set up. We'd be mad to let him go in our current attacking state! If we improve our service I think he could have a very good season for us, his versatility is very useful to have around too. Plus he has a good attitude on the pitch.

Not sure about the rest of our strikers, but there's no way we should be wanting Lavery to leave ffs. No wonder we never produce anyone decent if we just ship them out as soon as they show any promise.