Positive Carlos needs a war chest

Remember we are signing their reserve team players not their first choice players. Important we remember that small fact

Exactly, if we could attract their first team players then maybe Braga are no better than us. Eder, Bragas main striker just moved to Swansea for £5M and has 18 caps for Portugal... way out of our league. 

C'mon, you don't strike me as a numpty lol

There's a big difference between planned "money" and a "war chest"...

But if you've got cash to throw away, send me a PM, I might be able to help...

I can't compete with the inflation of the domestic market so if I do give you the money can you please look abroad for players. Ta!

War chest? What war chest? The same one that we got pipped with by Rotherham for some Argentinian player?

The same one that we couldn't stump up the wages to compete with the likes of Charlton for a Dutch striker, with?

The same one that, we use to bring in some foreign unknown instead of a proven manager/head coach at this level on bigger wages due to experience of getting teams out of this division?

Promotion by 2017.... dream on.  :ghoulguy:  :manager:

Ok, perhaps a War Chest is a bit much.

But at least lets open the sock draw and get the sneaky cash out that we hide from the wife.

It's pre-season Captain, you miserly old goat!

A time for optimism. For cloudy chimera of a fine summer May day in the Steel City with Captain Glenn lifting aloft the Championship trophy (on an immaculate desso pitch) in front of a packed Hillsborough.

Dare to doze tonight , to sleep ,per chance to dream, Aye, there's the rub Captain.

UTO

Hee hee, I'll take "goat" so long as you realise that any "bleating" or "baahing" is Sheep ! - I don't do Sheep !

I do hope those socks have been washed though !

As for Captain Glen, I just hope he's fit enough, first game and last game wouldn't really do it for me but I'm sure your butler would berepared to stand in, what a good guy he is..

I can't compete with the inflation of the domestic market so if I do give you the money can you please look abroad for players. Ta!

No problem, I can assure you I will use all your cash to travel as far and wide through Europe that I can, please can you ensure I have enough funds for my personal assistant (Mrs Capt. Slo) to acompany me ?

I can assure you I will keep OT fully updated on my progress..

I'd suggest the main reason the Championship is 'highly competitive' is due to most of the teams playing in it being relatively poo , especially in regards to depth of tactics and technique.

There are odd glimpses of quality from time to time, looking at say Watford, or Middlesborough and Bournemouth this season, but most games in this league are a scrap that could go one way or the other with very little talent on show.

I'm all for targeting a more technical style of play, if that is indeed what we're trying to do.

War chest? What war chest? The same one that we got pipped with by Rotherham for some Argentinian player?

The same one that we couldn't stump up the wages to compete with the likes of Charlton for a Dutch striker, with?

The same one that, we use to bring in some foreign unknown instead of a proven manager/head coach at this level on bigger wages due to experience of getting teams out of this division?

Promotion by 2017.... dream on.  :ghoulguy:  :manager:

If you honestly thought we were going to do a Blackburn or even Forest then you're the one who's dreaming pal, just remind me where Blackburn and Forest ended up last season.

Some people on here really are losing their marbles. 

Edited by TaxiMark

To be fair Mark there are bargains out there. Forest got one of us.....I wonder what Antonio would cost now??

East to say that now, Antonio playing for us under Gray was awful at times and at Forest he really did shine, for me it was a 50/50.

As for the Asbongalonga chap, 6M from a L1 club? lol

It's a fair point, but it's also worth pointing out that after that transfer, and despite Antonio being a key player for Forest and us (arguably) wasting the proceeds from it, we still moved forwards while they moved backwards end ended up finishing below us.

No transfer policy is guaranteed to be successful, but I'd say the foreign market is more likely to give us the best player per pound if we have the network to actually go out and spot these players now.

If you honestly thought we were going to do a Blackburn or even Forest then you're the one who's dreaming pal, just remind me where Blackburn and Forest ended up last season.

Some people on here really are losing their marbles. 

You would think we could compete with the Charlton's and Rotherham's?

We're still operating in the bargain bin. Wake up to reality. No-one expected us to throw ten's of millions about.

But if the owner says promotion by 2017 and whatever it takes, you would expect us to bring in better than CC or Cooper?

I genuinely wish CC good luck and hope he surprises me and I hope it works out well. But just can't help feeling underwhelmed and disappointed, and unexcited about the new season, already feels to me like we're going to be scraping around for bargain players and going to be another season of mid-table/lower half struggle.

No problem, I can assure you I will use all your cash to travel as far and wide through Europe that I can, please can you ensure I have enough funds for my personal assistant (Mrs Capt. Slo) to acompany me ?

I can assure you I will keep OT fully updated on my progress..

She can come aye...

You would think we could compete with the Charlton's and Rotherham's?

We're still operating in the bargain bin. Wake up to reality. No-one expected us to throw ten's of millions about.

But if the owner says promotion by 2017 and whatever it takes, you would expect us to bring in better than CC or Cooper?

I genuinely wish CC good luck and hope he surprises me and I hope it works out well. But just can't help feeling underwhelmed and disappointed, and unexcited about the new season, already feels to me like we're going to be scraping around for bargain players and going to be another season of mid-table/lower half struggle.

You are the example of the type of fan that wants this club to run before it can walk...if you honestly think we can't compete with Charlton and Rotherham (who has just signed two or three of our surplus players) then I can't help you any further.

People will moan about anything on here, if we signed Rhodes for 10M and he didn't score after three games you'd be saying what a complete waste of money.

Circles.

Guest domSWFC

I know he's unproven at this level, and is a bit past it, and maybe even a bit of a crock these days.... But Isn't that lad Ronaldinho a free agent at the minute? 

Come on Chansiri, make all our dreams come true. 

You are the example of the type of fan that wants this club to run before it can walk...if you honestly think we can't compete with Charlton and Rotherham (who has just signed two or three of our surplus players) then I can't help you any further.

People will moan about anything on here, if we signed Rhodes for 10M and he didn't score after three games you'd be saying what a complete waste of money.

Circles.

I don't want us to sign players like Rhodes, they're well out of our reach. Only way we'd afford players like that is if we got promoted.

But we're not going to get promoted by doing things on the cheap and hiring a mediocre head coach instead of a proven one, when there are far better and more proven ones available. Nothing as changed apart from the facilities and the pitch. We're still bringing in mediocre cheap option players and hiring cheap option coaches.

Let's hope DC is as lucky as MM was with Gray. But I can't help feeling like bringing in CC is a step backwards, not the sign of ambition and intent that DC talked of and another season of mediocrity and struggle awaits.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest domSWFC

I don't want us to sign players like Rhodes, they're well out of our reach. Only way we'd afford players like that is if we got promoted.

But we're not going to get promoted by doing things on the cheap and hiring a mediocre head coach instead of a proven one, when there are far better and more proven ones available. Nothing as changed apart from the facilities and the pitch. We're still bringing in mediocre cheap option players and hiring cheap option coaches.

Let's hope DC is as lucky as MM was with Gray. But I can't help feeling like bringing in CC is a step backwards, not the sign of ambition and intent that DC talked of and another season of mediocrity and struggle awaits.

Every "proven coach" was unproven once. 

Edited by domSWFC