Sheffield's biggest team - definitive

Yet another assessment showing us to be top dogs round here, but will the Pigs and mini-Pigs accept it?

Steve Evans will be launching a tirade against the press cos there's no sign of Rovrum!

No doubt the Blunts will be renewing their 'fairness in football' protest!

The only reason Wednesday are as low as 18th is because of 2 ridiculous categories.

INCOME - obviously if you are in the PL you do well, if not you don't.

GLOBAL fANBASE - how on earth can you accurately measure that? For instance Blackburn come 30th, us 34th, United 39th but how can anybody possibly say that is accurate.

They say it is based on facts but Crowds, trophies and average league position are the only facts that can be accurately measured.

Even then can't see how Liverpool rank as low as 10th for crowds or west brom as high as 12th.

So basically, rubbish.

Blackburn and Stoke bigger than us?! Which flippingmoron did this 'study'? What a load of b0ll0cks.

I assume global fanbase just takes into consideration all the Asian and American based 'fans' who now support a Premier League team due to the endless amount of pre season tournaments and tours that PL clubs seem to do these days. So basically clubs such as Stoke, WBA, Southampton, Blackburn etc who are/have been in the PL much more recently than the likes of us, Leeds, Forest are all now classed as bigger clubs because more people abroad will buy the shirts and watch their games? 

But yes everyone in the world knows that the Blunts are forever destined to be in our shadow

A recent season in the Prem would have dramatically increased our income and global exposure, lifting us up that table a few spots.

We aren't doing badly in that table given we've been out of the top flight for a generation.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

We are top ten in my opinion.

I remember posting this on a similar thread

For Wednesday to be a top ten club we would have to be bigger than at least 1 of these,

Form north to south

Newcastle

Leeds

Man Utd

Man city

Liverpool

Everton

Villa

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

That obviously does not include our peer group such as

West Ham

Forest

Sunderland

Derby

All who would have a reasonable tap room argument against us

Top 20 yes we certainly are, top 10 no way

I think the global fanbase is misleading, for example Liverpool lose 2nd place to Arsenal due to Arsenals global appeal. But it doesn't seem like they considered shirt sales, but globally Liverpool far outstrips Arsenal (or at least they did 2.5 years ago when I last saw the data)

Also based on the fact they have a bigger stadium, which surely doesn't represent crowds accurately

Interesting article mind

Edited by McRightSide

The global fanbase is a ridiculous category, as it seems to be taken exclusively from how many likes each club's twitter and facebook account gets.

This doesn't take into account factors such as the quality of those official club accounts, or how many fans of each club use the internet, which explains why Wigan, one of the poorest supported clubs in the top 2 divisions, are well ahead of us in that category.

Still, I don't think the overall results are too far off.

Didn't the pigs buy a load of twitter followers a few years ago? Fairness in Facebook.

We aren't close to being top 10 At the moment but a season or 2 in.The top flight would edge us towards it even if we didn't break into it. Income is a pretty strange way to measure size as the gap between the league leagues is huge.