Gary Madine Leaving

Now Madine has finally gone out on loan (something that people generally have thought would be the best way for him to improve for some time now) how are fans, in particular the biased ones, going to react if he does well?

Say he gets a few goals and puts a shift in for them, likelihood is fans are going to say 'well he's a league one player and that's where he should stay', which may be the case. But surely saying 'Madine isn't the answer' and 'he's not what we need' could apply to any striker we've got at the minute because the simple fact is we are not scoring goals.

Madine proved me wrong when it seemed he got his head down and showed a willingness to play football at a decent level, so whether you like the kid or not he's not shied away from his responsibilities as a part of the team. For me, if he does well at Coventry and gets in the goals then why not bring him in and give him a shirt, then judge. People seem to be forgetting we can't afford a good, experienced Championship striker.

Just a bit frustrated with all the single minded views towards Madine because of his past attitude and mistakes. Rant over, feel free to tell me to swivel....

Now Madine has finally gone out on loan (something that people generally have thought would be the best way for him to improve for some time now) how are fans, in particular the biased ones, going to react if he does well?

Say he gets a few goals and puts a shift in for them, likelihood is fans are going to say 'well he's a league one player and that's where he should stay', which may be the case. But surely saying 'Madine isn't the answer' and 'he's not what we need' could apply to any striker we've got at the minute because the simple fact is we are not scoring goals.

Madine proved me wrong when it seemed he got his head down and showed a willingness to play football at a decent level, so whether you like the kid or not he's not shied away from his responsibilities as a part of the team. For me, if he does well at Coventry and gets in the goals then why not bring him in and give him a shirt, then judge. People seem to be forgetting we can't afford a good, experienced Championship striker.

Just a bit frustrated with all the single minded views towards Madine because of his past attitude and mistakes. Rant over, feel free to tell me to swivel....

100% Agree.

Hes gone on a short term loan to get games so if he scores a shedload then good thats the idea 

None of which makes a jot of difference to his overall poor showing for us 

Don't get the connection.

I was surprised that Madine didn't rate a place against Brentford because i thought he did ok when he came on against Leeds but i dont see him daily in training Grey does

Its not the fans holding madines career back its the bloke himself, until he grows up hes just gonna carry on 'getting picked on' ill wager hed have started the following game after he was rested if it wasnt for his silly tweet. Im sure theres a player in there but he gets over shadowed by the tool 'within'

Hes gone on a short term loan to get games so if he scores a shedload then good thats the idea 

None of which makes a jot of difference to his overall poor showing for us 

Don't get the connection.

I was surprised that Madine didn't rate a place against Brentford because i thought he did ok when he came on against Leeds but i dont see him daily in training Grey does

I agree, although people keep saying he played well against Leeds and to be honest I didn't see any real difference, maybe it's just me?

I would have thought the point was to get him a few games and hopefully a few goals. If he comes back with a bit of confidence and does the business great.

I'm not really sure why from a footballing perspective he polarises opinion on here so much. I don't see why those who slate him think he's much less effective than the rest of our forward line; I really don't see what those who think he should be first on the team sheet see in him.

After the promotion season I thought Madine was good enough to score in the championship, however due to his own off the field issues, coupled with Dave Jones, he lost a significant period of time when, given his age, he should have been at his best. He has been playing catch up ever since.

He may come good somewhere else, but I have my doubts, and I am far from a Madine hater. It is a shame for all concerned that him moving elsewhere is probably best for all parties.

Edited by Ever the pessimist