1) 'Sir' Jack: took over a basket case of a club, not enough money to cut the pitch, and turned us into a monster, all on a shoe-string through good coaching and Man management.

2) Wilkinson: Took Jack's team to a new level, and frightened the bejabbers out of the top clubs, would have played in Europe if it hadn't been for the scousers getting all English clubs banned.

3) Big Ron: won promotion and our only National cup in 56 years. Only blot was when he left for Villa.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

With Atkinsons team.

Not in doubt but I was replying to Blatter who commented that Big Ron achieved high League position. He did lots, but not that.

3 hours ago, 0742 said:

Big Ron - 2nd spell 

Tricky Trev

Carlos

This is the same for me, with honourable mentions to Moore, Sturrock and Jones for those amazing promotions. 

If Danny keeps us up then he’ll be in the top 3, if we stays and helps the club progress - could be a league of his own  

Ron Atkinson

Brian Laws

Darren Moore

Honourable mentions to Carlos Carvahal, Dave Jones and Paul Sturrock.

Results and performances may have been tough during Laws' reign but the moment he took his name off the court papers was the moment he would always be held in high regards over this side of the world

Got to be Big Jack, Wilkinson and Big Ron.  Football was more enjoyable then IMO before Sky and money ruined football.

Röhl has the potential to move on to the list.  I like his aggressive approach and if allowed to bring in better players we would be very competitive.  I think the main reasons why I am not big fans of Carlos (other than his first season) and Moore is the way they set their teams up.

Worst manager in my time was Xisco.  Absolute car crash.  We had to give him games tobprove himself but i think the communication issues, stubborness, arrogance and inability to build a rapport with fans contributed greatly to his failure.