We might already be safe and we just don't realise it.

I said this yesterday, it's possible for us to lose next week and be in the bottom 3 going into the final game, also lose that yet stay up.

But it'd be the Wednesday Way for Ipswich to just come up one goal short lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A bit like a few seasons ago when Northampton won their last match of the season in league 2 yet actually dropped a place because Joey Barton’s Brizzle Rovers mysteriously beat Scunny by a cricket score and went above them on goal difference.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Ok guys, long shot. 

It would be the worst case scenario if we lost both the West Brom & Sunderland games but ..... we could still stop up!

Honestly its not impossible. 

Say we lose by the odd goal and the Terriers win against Birmingham by the odd goal, their goal difference would be 4 better than ours so above us on same points with 47. (Brum 46)

Then the last game we lose to Sunderland by the odd goal while Ipswich beat Huddersfield by 6 or more and we still survive losing both games 🫣

(Providing Brum lose again) 😅

I think the Tractor Boys will be flying if they get one or two.

I've done this scenario to give you lads a back up contingency plan for a bit of confidence but all I've done is mess my brain up 🤪

Really buzzing for Saturday and a sell out Hillsborough, I'm certain every single Wednesday player will be buzzing yet focused leaving no need for my contingency plan.

FWIW i think we'll get at least 4 points.

UTO

No way will Huddersfield lose 6-0 in probably a must win game. 

We really need a result Saturday and then hope Huddersfield and Birmingham draw and don't forget Plymouth and Blackburn are still in the equation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

No way will Huddersfield lose 6-0 in probably a must win game. 

They genuinely could - look how they collapsed late in the game on Saturday. If Ipswich needed to win to go up and went a couple of goals up they could run riot with the pressure off and Huddersfield heads dropping.

Not a likely scenario though, I'd be surprised if Huddersfield beat Birmingham on Saturday.  If we get a point and they lose they're confirmed as down. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Not a likely scenario though, I'd be surprised if Huddersfield beat Birmingham on Saturday.  If we get a point and they lose they're confirmed as down. 

That would probably take us down with them though.

I would prefer it if we win and they drew. Send them down that way.

• Like 2

Guys - from another post..... AGAIN.....! 

IF Huddersfield beat Brum...... 

+ WE WIN WBA...a fellow Owl did this.. 

Huddersfield last game is at Ipswich! 

Enough said buds.....believe!!!! 

image.png.777e3ecbf0900bad0908c0511b104195.png

10 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

Guys - from another post..... AGAIN.....! 

IF Huddersfield beat Brum...... 

+ WE WIN WBA...a fellow Owl did this.. 

Huddersfield last game is at Ipswich! 

Enough said buds.....believe!!!! 

image.png.777e3ecbf0900bad0908c0511b104195.png

I keep seeing you post this, your saying it like it's a dead cert to happen 🤣 although I like your enthusiasm and I wish I could replicate it, I still think its gunna be a bit more complicated than that for us, there's 2 games left and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we are back in bottom 3 after Saturdays results but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we are 3 clear like your saying. It's in our hands now and that thought makes me more nervous.

• Like 1