Ifollow/EFL digital email

Yep, like others - thought it was a scam at first before seeing other clubs supporters have had it.

Makes sense with the new deal coming up to cancel all subscriptions

I'm probably going to bin it. Too many games I've not been able to watch since they've been shown on sky therefore coverage is shown on Bein sports which is another subscription addition. It's probably going to be cheaper for me to just buy a subscription for the odd evening match that's on.

Seems like at least 50% of all SWFC league games will be broadcast live as an audio-video stream from next season. Probably more, given SWFC have one of the largest fan bases in the league.

Seems like there will be a dedicated Sky Sports EFL app available. Given this deal is considered so lucrative by the clubs, then we have to assume the pricing for the app is not going to be cheap.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 06.34.35.png

Anyone know if ifollow will show the Sunderland game if its not picked for Sky coverage?

Usually if we're away and not on sky I'll try and avoid score so I can watch the following morning but I won't be able to do that for a relegation decider.

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Even that might not be so easy pal. I'm hearing some over here, using certain internet providers are having access blocked. Mines ok at the moment, but it's a concern. 

On a different note. Does the change refered to in the op mean sky now have complete control of the EFL?

I use the same one as you mate and it is still fine at the moment thankfully. 

I am guessing with the amount of EFL games now being televised Sky fully dictates the show. 

34 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Anyone know if ifollow will show the Sunderland game if its not picked for Sky coverage?

Usually if we're away and not on sky I'll try and avoid score so I can watch the following morning but I won't be able to do that for a relegation decider.

I record our matches so can send you the links before the game ready for when the match has been uploaded, no spoilers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Where's tha live lad? 

Sydney.

Clocks between here and the UK roughly go forward/back and vice versa at the same time. Start and end of the season 3pm kick offs are midnight, but for most of the season it's 2am.

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I use the same one as you mate and it is still fine at the moment thankfully. 

I am guessing with the amount of EFL games now being televised Sky fully dictates the show. 

Fingers crossed for the last two pal...though I'm in phuket for the last one so need to find a bar showing it

Annoyingly the audio only version has the opposite problem - there’s no way to unsubscribe except writing them an email and asking them to stop taking payments. They reply whenever they feel like it, normally just after the next month’s money has gone out, and they don’t even suspend taking payments during the close season if you don’t explicitly demand it.

Is the audio still gonna be available for UK listeners next season then, or is that being ditched along with the video streams? It’s only the BBC Radio Sheff commentary anyway, I just can’t quite get that where I live.

15 hours ago, Neal M said:

That’s another concern.

If we do end up with lots of 12 noon (GMT) kick offs, that’s 5am here.

I’m ok with those on ESPN+, as I can wake up when I want, then log on to watch without seeing the score first. Just like I did for the Blackburn game.

But with ifollow, I’m invariably told the score before I can watch the game on catch up.

I have shown my wife how to login and scroll past the score for me...!!

One thing I wish we could do is watch the game "on demand" right away... the 3pm games start at 7am here - so there may be quite a few games next season that I don't want to get up at 4am for...

The other couple of things we need changed are:

a) being able to stream on apple tv using an APP (it's 2024 ffs) - yes - I know there are workarounds but should we really have to?

b) a log in screen option... that would either bypass the score or give you the option to hide scores..

c) a better microphone for John - he gets too excited and either kicks the microphone out of it's plug or overloads the mike...  

d)  NO MORE ANDY GIDDINGS or "going around the grounds".... drives me nuts...

23 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

Sydney.

Clocks between here and the UK roughly go forward/back and vice versa at the same time. Start and end of the season 3pm kick offs are midnight, but for most of the season it's 2am.

Hear ya, I'm in NZ and it's either 4am or 2am 🙂