Ifollow/EFL digital email

Anyone else receive an email like this today?

I haven’t contacted them, let alone requested a cancellation.

45CE2541-6AA3-4D57-AFDD-8A5A78CA4C9A.thumb.png.7a17041b8cfb9a5a7d68fbb6ef705df0.png

• Like 2

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Yes, got the same email.  I think its was sent to all subscribers as I follow will no longer be available for domestic users as of next season.  International subscribers will still be able to get the season pass through ifollow.

12 minutes ago, San Clemente Owl said:

Yes, got the same email.  I think its was sent to all subscribers as I follow will no longer be available for domestic users as of next season.  International subscribers will still be able to get the season pass through ifollow.

I might be wrong but my understanding is/was that with the new TV deal iFollow is no more. Internationally or otherwise. Which is a bit of a kick in the balls for overseas EFL supporters. 

There will be more games shown on TV internationally. But streaming is coming to an end. 

That’s the impression I got from Kieran McGuide and the PoF pod a couple of weeks back. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-price-of-football/id1482886394?i=1000648292810

Something to watch out for for us overseas Owls is the renewal price. 

Games selected for domestic TV coverage are usually then picked up internationally too, meaning iFollow can’t broadcast those matches to overseas fans either. 

So a flat renewal price might mean much weaker value for money if my understanding is right. 

• Like 2

Good to know I’m not alone!

TBH - I might wait and see whether it makes sense to resubscribe.

I have ESPN+, so if a lot more of our games are going to be shown that way, having ifollow for the remainder won’t be worth it.

I got it too, was about to start a thread on it but thought I'd check first!

Glad I did, saved me from making myself look a right pillock (as per usual)!

• Haha 1

Got it as well (I get this every year around this time)...  Since last season they now charge in $CDN instead of UK pounds (no exchange rate fluctuation anymore).    They usually charge my card on or around July 1st...

1 hour ago, R-Sole14 said:

Got it as well.

Also thinking about binning it. Too much effort watching games at 2am for most of the season.

That’s another concern.

If we do end up with lots of 12 noon (GMT) kick offs, that’s 5am here.

I’m ok with those on ESPN+, as I can wake up when I want, then log on to watch without seeing the score first. Just like I did for the Blackburn game.

But with ifollow, I’m invariably told the score before I can watch the game on catch up.

8 minutes ago, Neal M said:

That’s another concern.

If we do end up with lots of 12 noon (GMT) kick offs, that’s 5am here.

I’m ok with those on ESPN+, as I can wake up when I want, then log on to watch without seeing the score first. Just like I did for the Blackburn game.

But with ifollow, I’m invariably told the score before I can watch the game on catch up.

I’d renew if you could catch up on a game without knowing the score.

Ive spent most of the season dreading that next season will be League 1. Being up at 2am to watch Morecombe park the bus for 90 minutes is extremely off putting.

26 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

A once semi-decent service is becoming a rip off. I expect the price to increase more next year.

Come and join the dodgy firestick brigade guys. 

Even that might not be so easy pal. I'm hearing some over here, using certain internet providers are having access blocked. Mines ok at the moment, but it's a concern. 

On a different note. Does the change refered to in the op mean sky now have complete control of the EFL?

1 hour ago, R-Sole14 said:

I’d renew if you could catch up on a game without knowing the score.

Ive spent most of the season dreading that next season will be League 1. Being up at 2am to watch Morecombe park the bus for 90 minutes is extremely off putting.

I watch the odd game, these days. However even at midnight/1am it's becoming difficult. I've zero idea how folks manage it supporting EPL teams with kick offs all over the place.

If they start moving kick offs to 5pm UK time is going to get pretty impossible to watch games my end. Depends on the timing really.

I'd agree a service that you could watch the game immediately after kick off, without knowing be the score would be beneficial. Although I really don't want to stick money in DC's pocket for the service.

Edited by Maddogbob

27 minutes ago, Plonk said:

On a different note. Does the change refered to in the op mean sky now have complete control of the EFL?

Ultimately yes with the new tv deal. So supporters in the UK will see kick off's moved around for tv/streaming live.

I'm unsure if games from the same division/different divisions will be played at the same time though? So you could see games kicking off randomly throughout Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday if they follow the EPL model. Could cause problems for season ticket holders imho.

Edited by Maddogbob