Whats the strangest thing you have seen at a football match?

Years ago at the Old Showground, Scunthorpe the game was approaching 90 minutes and Scunny were winning so the small contingent of fans in the all standing away end were slowly drifting out.   Some player hit a long range shot into the crowd and we saw a youth run really fast, catch it like a professional goalkeeper without stopping and he just kept running through the open gate.  About 5,000 people just stood gobsmacked waiting for him to come back but of course he never did.   Caused some laughter.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

On a cold winters day at Hillsborough, I once saw a chap buy 6 meat pies. 

It was so strange, I remember seeing him wearing what looked liked a belt around his waist filled with these 6 meat pies. Keeping himself warm and well fed at the same time.

I couldn't work out if it was genius or insane.  

• Haha 2

Away at Wrexham and for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to let the wife of their winger Carlos Edwards come on at half time to sing a song. Think I heard her sing about one note before she was drowned out by a chorus of boos from our fans.

• Haha 1

Wycombe away in the 2011/12 promotion season. Semedo scored the winner which was unusual, a 15 year old Jordan Ibe scored against us on his debut which was also unusual but not unexpected, but the strangest thing was some sort of grouse or pheasant on the pitch in front of the away end. It was on there for absolutely ages undisturbed, as it was the end that we were (supposed to be) attacking. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There was a grown man stood taking a p*ss with his jeans and underwear down around his ankles at a game earlier this season. 

Not what you expect to see, especially in the South Stand.

Got a mate, he's in his 50's, does the same. Always thought it was strange.

33 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Wycombe away in the 2011/12 promotion season. Semedo scored the winner which was unusual, a 15 year old Jordan Ibe scored against us on his debut which was also unusual but not unexpected, but the strangest thing was some sort of grouse or pheasant on the pitch in front of the away end. It was on there for absolutely ages undisturbed, as it was the end that we were (supposed to be) attacking. 

It had obviously been watching the game and deduced our strike force of the two on show posed the less consistent threat.

• Haha 1

We played Boro at Hillsborough about a decade back .They were on a run of not having scored in about 10 games.

As they attacked the kop a shot evaded our keeper but hit the  base of left hand post.

It then rolled the full length of the line to strike the far post.

This all felt in slo mo.

I was 90 percent sure it crossed the line.

After it hit the far post it then ricocheted back down the line AGAIN and definitely over the line only for our keeper to have got up off the floor and retrieve it .

No Goal Given.

The few round me in the North ,we just looked at each other then burst out laughing.

Think we may have won 1-0.

I did tell every Boro supporter  scarkily on the tram back to town.." look on bright side ,at least your scored"

4 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

We played Boro at Hillsborough about a decade back .They were on a run of not having scored in about 10 games.

As they attacked the kop a shot evaded our keeper but hit the  base of left hand post.

It then rolled the full length of the line to strike the far post.

This all felt in slo mo.

I was 90 percent sure it crossed the line.

After it hit the far post it then ricocheted back down the line AGAIN and definitely over the line only for our keeper to have got up off the floor and retrieve it .

No Goal Given.

The few round me in the North ,we just looked at each other then burst out laughing.

Think we may have won 1-0.

I did tell every Boro supporter  scarkily on the tram back to town.." look on bright side ,at least your scored"

Honestly don't think the whole of the ball was over the line tbh. Definitely lucky though

• Like 3

Someone at Home Park in the 1990s got a remote controlled car in the pitch.  The highlight of the game was watching a number of stewards spending a good 5 minutes trying to catch it! 

Sadly that wasn’t just the highlight of the match but the highlight of the season…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Lightning said:

That's the kind of thing people did at primary. Someone would always try to shove them onto the urinal. 

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

I used to work with someone who did the same, he also admitted to my being able to go for a poo without being completely naked as well. 

Proper odd ball behaviour!