Poor from Röhl

1 hour ago, island owl said:

We were dead and buried with Xisco but Danny has give us hope, DC took it away during the January transfer window. If only he had paid up for a good forward and a decent midfielder and we might have been further up the league. Danny has worked wonders with a  poor squad. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year (if he stays)

You weren’t saying that when Ugbo scored six in six. One of the reasons we aren’t winning now is Ike has stopped scoring 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deano said:

Röhl deserves praise for sure however his impact has been perhaps artificially enhanced by the short comings of the previous manager. I believe Röhl has brought us to a level we should be operating at, maybe a little better. 

No chance, This squad is so short of championship quality, the level he should be operating at is a point a game roughly.  He's got 40 points from 30 games hasn't he? 

Munoz should've got us around 7 points from 10 even with a poor squad, that extra 5 points sees us on 49 right now.

• Like 3

Every single manager makes mistakes every single week - let alone every season.

The problem is, even the managers that analyse every decision they make after the event - never know what would’ve happened if they’d done things differently.

And at the time they just do what they feel is right.

one thing I am certain of is that Röhl has got a lot more right than he has got wrong - that is all I ask.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Guest Monkowl

God knows how people can blame rhol for a thing.  He’s been brilliant since he’s come breath of fresh air and given us a massive lift. On and off the field.  Sometimes think are these people taking ******** or pigs. Like the same people who blame bazza for everything even tho for last 5,6 years he’s consistently been one of our best players and always the 1 lad you know is going to give you 110%.   Some strange people about on these forums 

12 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

We have been naive at times.

However every single win this season has come under Röhl.

The players let us down with their finishing today.

To be fair we got the goal. The problem is we didn’t shut up shop and gave them the key to Hillsborough within 10 minutes. How we gave them so much time and space on their goal is criminal. Plymouth and Blackburn defended for their lives, unfortunately we didn’t.

• Like 6

Poor from the players in my opinion.

Rohls systems and way of playing have given us an opportunity this season.

Not his fault we've got a largely league 1 squad at best. They step over the white line and he can't make them score and be clinical, he doesn't make Windass have a touch yesterday like he's wearing clogs. He doesn't make them mentally capitulate on the numerous occasions we have this season.

Let's be brutally honest, how many of Vaulks, Bannan, Windass, Ikehwe, Famewo, Diaby (both), Smith, Johnson, Palmer, Iorfa, Gregory, Wilks are getting into any championship starting 11's?

That's where our issue lays.

Some of them could do a job as squad players but they've been the bulk of our starting line up for a few years and it's past its sell by date.

I've not included any of the younger players as I think they've been a bright point of the season. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As a career military man I strongly believe that leadership is the fulcrum off all results, and that all individuals are leaders. We badly let the team down as a fan base against Stoke. 31+ thousand of us drowned out by the away fans. We have to take our own responsibility for this result. Not good enough.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

He's made mistakes for sure but he's a young manager that's still learning and overall has done an amazing job considering where we were when he took the job. 

It'll be hugely frustrating if we come all this way and still go down, but people should judge him on the portion of the season he was in charge and not the full season. 

Absolutely nailed on. Great post.😉

• Like 1

We can all argue who should play who comes on and how we set up  and we'll  get umpteen different variations and we'll all  be convinced ours is the best one  but while I've probably watched a lot more football than him I'm  pretty sure  I couldn't  do better  him .....his biggest problem is he hasn't got a consistent goalscorer and no matter how you set up that is crucial in why we are struggling .

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

We can all argue who should play who comes on and how we set up  and we'll  get umpteen different variations and we'll all  be convinced ours is the best one  but while I've probably watched a lot more football than him I'm  pretty sure  I couldn't  do better  him .....his biggest problem is he hasn't got a consistent goalscorer and no matter how you set up that is crucial in why we are struggling .

Yup - Lowest scorers for a reason.

We had the chances today to be 2-0 at HT.

Defensively really poor again cost us.

• Like 1

Didn’t take our chances, a few odd decisions against us, and late substitutions cost us today. Danny can only carry the can on one of these.

As fans we can criticise but I’ll tell you what, if after the start we had you could give me this very scenario I would have bitten your hand off. There’s a great chance to stay up we just have to earn it.

On the whole he will always have more credit than criticism for getting us back in the fight from where xisco left us. I think it’s evident the squad was much better than he implied.

But we’ve been back in the battle for a few months and I think there’s an uglier side of the game we’ve not seen enough (bar Norwich) and that has cost us points. Even Carlos knew when to shut the doors and the windows or when it was time for Nuhiu to change the way we played. Examples being trying to go toe to toe with top six sides, not sitting deeper after nicking a goal yesterday and not really focusing on set plays (Swansea and various other games).

Id very much like Röhl to stay if that’s possible in L1 but if we are at that level it’s that kind of thing that also costs automatic promotion 

It really is down to the quality of the side. We shopped at the skip outside Lidl not even the middle isle. We had a rummage around and got a couple that could be worked with. Damaged boxes so to speak. 

Pol, definitely after a shaky start. MuSaba, Gassama  young, but have serious potential given time.  

Many others aren’t ours or will be leaving anyway. The whole point being there’s a reason why our payment to agents is the 2nd lowest in the league when you look at what we have.

Danny had worked a minor miracle to get us to 3 games to go and still a chance of survival.

He's not infallible.

There have been occasions where he's had a mare - Udders, Ipswich etc. 

But the only reason we've dragged it out this long has been largely due to him.