Poor from Röhl

Röhl deserves praise for sure however his impact has been perhaps artificially enhanced by the short comings of the previous manager. I believe Röhl has brought us to a level we should be operating at, maybe a little better. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I’d have played 3-5-2 all season based on the players we had/have but the 3-4-2-1 system he’s played more recently (since Leicester) has generally looked OK and given form and injuries I think the team he picked was spot on today.

We were by far the best side today but that doesn’t always get you three points (just ask Leicester and Leeds this weekend).

• Like 5

We were dead and buried with Xisco but Danny has give us hope, DC took it away during the January transfer window. If only he had paid up for a good forward and a decent midfielder and we might have been further up the league. Danny has worked wonders with a  poor squad. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year (if he stays)

• Like 6

He's made mistakes for sure but he's a young manager that's still learning and overall has done an amazing job considering where we were when he took the job. 

It'll be hugely frustrating if we come all this way and still go down, but people should judge him on the portion of the season he was in charge and not the full season. 

• Like 2

Yeah a bit like Moore in the derby game last time we went down, why we didn’t just shut up shop as they didn’t look like they could break a team down. His answer would be that we were dominant doing what we were doing but Stoke had to come at us then, if anything we should have been countering them?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

I’d have played 3-5-2 all season based on the players we had/have but the 3-4-2-1 system he’s played more recently (since Leicester) has generally looked OK and given form and injuries I think the team he picked was spot on today.

We were by far the best side today but that doesn’t always get you three points (just ask Leicester and Leeds this weekend).

I think early on in Danny’s time when Gassama and Musaba were showing great promise, his 4231 made sense.

But when it became clear that neither were consistent enough to start, and were better as impact subs, then absolutely we should have used 352.

• Like 1

I’ll never criticise Röhl for going for it. He came in when more than 25% of the season had gone, the o my way to give us a chance was to be brave and try and win every game

If he was starting from gabe one with the rest of the division then maybe he’d have the luxury  of being slightly more pragmatic but that’s never been the case

This impending relegation is not on him or the players, it’s on Chansiri and the imbecile manager he hired in July 

Edited by Django
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, deano said:

Röhl deserves praise for sure however his impact has been perhaps artificially enhanced by the short comings of the previous manager. I believe Röhl has brought us to a level we should be operating at, maybe a little better. 

Not for me, any one of the managers we've had this century we'd have been relegated in February.

We deserved a win today, same issues and Danny can't put the ball in the net for his players.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Because we missed some bad chances today… Only the players can miss those 

Only players can score, doesn't stop us singing daddy cool when we win.

• Like 3

Criticism of Danny is fair. He’s made some mistakes for sure. But in any normal season his mistakes would mean the difference between finishing say 12th and 17th.

The problem is that DC and Munoz hung a dead-weight round his neck in the first 20 games.

2 points! Rediculous.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Django said:

I’ll never criticise Röhl for going for it. He came in when more than 25% of the season had gone, the o my way to give us a chance was to be brave and try and win every game

If he was starting from gabe one with the rest of the division then maybe he’d have the luxury  of being slightly more pragmatic but that’s never been the case

This impending relegation is not on him or the players, it’s on Chansiri and the imbecile manager he hired in July 

The problem with an attacking philosophy is both that we have played with a thin midfield and that we have have an attack which cannot score, hence we are very vulnerable. 

• Like 1