Poor from Röhl

45 minutes ago, steelerian said:

what, even better than the wee scottish man who is apparently better than Zidane? surely not

I don’t hate Bannan, never will, he’s been a good player for us but he’s getting towards the end of his playing career. It’s not sacrilege to acknowledge another player looks better. That’s football.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s clear that if Röhl stays at our club next season, that some fans will try and hound him out 

It’s clear that if *insert name here* manages our club next season, that some fans will try and hound him out 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Past Member said:

He's right when he said that his tactics have given us a chance of survival.

He' was massively naive for not switching to method management for our last 4 games & it cost us today.

With 4 games left, we didn't have time to wait for Windass to get up to speed. Blackburn, even before their goal at Leeds had 2 banks of 4, when ever Leeds attacked, denying any space. We remained wide open after our goal. Naive.

Poor management today.

it's like being on a forum with loads of toddlers. 

when we lose the usual assumption is that it the players/managers/refs fault.  it can't be just that the other team played key moments better on the day. 

when you look at the sheer number of incidents and outcomes during a match, any one of which could change the result of the match.

in other posts we lambast players poor finishing, but it isn't easy to score goals/points compared to other sports which is why there is such a release of emotion when one goes in.  goals are a rare commodity.

this is where xg came in, it studies the probability of a goal being scored in that situation in 000's of games and comes up with a figure.  unless you are close in with no defenders around there is usually more chance of missing than scoring (i would love to see the xg of the windass miss though).

so while we are disappointed/devastated/gutted that a result hasn't gone our way can we stop foisting all the blame on the manager/players who have got us to this point and just howl at the moon at the unfairness of it all instead...

15 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

it's like being on a forum with loads of toddlers. 

when we lose the usual assumption is that it the players/managers/refs fault.  it can't be just that the other team played key moments better on the day. 

when you look at the sheer number of incidents and outcomes during a match, any one of which could change the result of the match.

in other posts we lambast players poor finishing, but it isn't easy to score goals/points compared to other sports which is why there is such a release of emotion when one goes in.  goals are a rare commodity.

this is where xg came in, it studies the probability of a goal being scored in that situation in 000's of games and comes up with a figure.  unless you are close in with no defenders around there is usually more chance of missing than scoring (i would love to see the xg of the windass miss though).

so while we are disappointed/devastated/gutted that a result hasn't gone our way can we stop foisting all the blame on the manager/players who have got us to this point and just howl at the moon at the unfairness of it all instead...

Post match analysis happens on every football forums after every game, which will inevitably involve some apportioning of blame. 

Not sure why we were so open, exposed & disorganised for their goal. Completely the opposite of how Blackburn defended their lead.

Not sure why 3 of our top 4 goal scorers were on the bench. 

Not sure why we played our striker with the highest goals to mins ratio out wide, to accommodate Smith. Gives 100% effort, but not really buying the Smith love in at the moment.

These are my opinions,  not really howling at the moon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Past Member said:

Post match analysis happens on every football forums after every game, which will inevitably involve some apportioning of blame. 

Not sure why we were so open, exposed & disorganised for their goal. Completely the opposite of how Blackburn defended their lead.

Not sure why we played our striker with the highest goals to mins ratio out wide, to accommodate Smith. Gives 100% effort, but not really buying the Smith love in at the moment.

i don't disagree.   there will always be decisions made we don't agree with, but the attitude of we lost so it must be down to a poor decision by someone prevails.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah look

SteelerIan's here with his ongoing agenda to try and get us all to hate Barry Bannan

How sweet

once again, thanks for the support. its charming to know you care.

2 hours ago, Past Member said:

Seeking explanations obviously leads to who is to blame.

Unfortunately, owners and managers are responsible ( your line 1).

. We all know DC has run the club very badly for a long while but we are dealing with on the field  matters after that sickening result and your three opinions above deserve serious consideration. We made bad mistakes midweek as well in the first half,  when we are supposed to be fighting flat out to save ourselves. Being realistic. 

7 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

You really don’t like Röhl do you!  The players get a very easy ride in the main from most supporters, we’re very quick to build them up without any real foundation.  After the Norwich game, you would have thought Paterson was the answer to all our prayers based on the reaction of some fans.  Some continue to believe Windass is Championship standard, whereas I thought his performance yesterday was a disgrace.  I don’t know what the future holds for Röhl, maybe he’ll go on to bigger things, but he certainly deserves better than Sheffield Wednesday (fans excluded).  

I like Röhl. Said it a few times. 

I don't like double standards, short sightedness or the notion that a junior manager in his first job in which he hasn't achieved (maybe he will, I bloody hope so) his primary objective 'deserves better' than a historic club that's been around since 1867.

26 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

I like Röhl. Said it a few times. 

I don't like double standards, short sightedness or the notion that a junior manager in his first job in which he hasn't achieved (maybe he will, I bloody hope so) his primary objective 'deserves better' than a historic club that's been around since 1867.

A historic club - that’s about all we’ve got to cling onto right now.  Unfortunately history counts for nothing and I stand by my comment that Röhl deserves better.  Sad to say that Wednesday are now pretty much a footballing irrelevance thanks to Chansiri.

What worries me is what ever the outcome of our season be it championship football or league one football, the majority of the squad is out of contract. I think only a handful of the players will be offered a contract. We still have a chairman in charge who isnt going to mKe any real investment in players and i think the wage budget will be less than this season. Meaning we are really going to struggle to get half decent players in….

it gets back to the whole Chansiri needs to be gone. Hes wrecked / wrecking our club as time goes by. Weird how hes not said anything public recently.