What's happened to Momo Diaby by the way?

14 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

He made a good debut. Then everyone got carried away and he became prime Yaya Toure because he wasn’t playing 

He had a promising debut, but the way some went on about him was, as you say, a bit over the top.

:duntmatter:

It just goes to show how desperate the fans were for any glimmer of hope in those dark days under Muñoz, I suppose.

• Like 1

There's a bit of the old Mandela Effect in this, but would you believe that he was our worst player on his debut (according to SofaScore)?

To my mind though, the reason it looked like he might make a half-decent player is that we'd averaged 25% possession in our first two league games, then we managed 50% with him on the pitch, and it almost looked like he was the main difference because he won a sliding tackle here, then an interception there, retained possession when it seemed impossible to do so and without being technically brilliant was almost like a Jose Semedo with Carlton-Palmer-esque athleticism 🤯. More importantly than anything, he seemed to have fire in his belly.

Post-injury, he looks slower, weaker, less assured and much less combative... almost as if he's both unfit and terrified of picking up another injury. Maybe he knows he won't be here next season, so doesn't see the point on putting his body on the line in the same way that he seemed to in that infamous first hour against Preston. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240413-100331.png

“At first” was based on one game though. Or part of one. He managed 65 minutes.

maybe that was just an unusually good performance, or Preston’s style/players made him look good, or maybe he lost something during his injury lay off.

4 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

“At first” was based on one game though. Or part of one. He managed 65 minutes.

maybe that was just an unusually good performance, or Preston’s style/players made him look good, or maybe he lost something during his injury lay off.

A player playing half decent for 65 minutes in our first 20 games was amazing tbf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He fell over his wallet with all the cash he has got for playing barely 3 full games all season.

if ever there was a case to stop wasting so much money on loan players this season is it, Mo Diaby, Fletcher, Hendricks, Buckley, Vasquez, Pederson. Not 1 of then started 10 league games but i bet collectively they have cost us £3-4m in salaries.

I expect we'll see an improvement now that Ramadan is over. I imagine playing without food isn't that big of a deal, though I have no clue how they manage being a professional athlete without drinking fluids.