Quadruple Substitution for SWFC

Probably.  I can't remember that happening before.

Röhl should have done it after 30 minutes.  We might have won it. Was obvious things weren't working.  Anyway well done Wednesday, and Danny.   Useful point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TouchIsGolden said:

Kind request to stop playing Palmer in midfield for rest of the season please 

How many times have we said it though, it's obvious to everyone but Danny. We'll have to shout it louder to him.

Bizarre playing him there instead of Vaulks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, TouchIsGolden said:

Kind request to stop playing Palmer in midfield for rest of the season please 

Palmer isn't the problem, even if he is Boo boys favourite, it is more the attitude of Musaba, we might as well play with just 10 men.

• Like 2

Could be wrong, but it wasn't just a case of chucking on 4 subs, but also changing the system too. 

Pretty sure we went to a back 3/5 and had Valentin and Pedersen as wingbacks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He screwed up with his starting line up. Had to put it right.

Great coach....original plan didn't work.. changed it... got a result 👍.... get Danny tied down with £50m release clause 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Probably.  I can't remember that happening before.

Röhl should have done it after 30 minutes.  We might have won it. Was obvious things weren't working.  Anyway well done Wednesday, and Danny.   Useful point.

Wouldn’t have had the same effect after 30 minutes. 

We can only produce a performance like that when kicking towards the Kop (minus Peterborough)

He got it wrong imo with the line up first half. We need to have a massive engraving on the wall in the South Stand where the manager goes in to work which says

“Bannan and Palmer in a midfield 2 = suicidal = does not work/has never worked/will never work”

Also Musaba didn’t help by turning in one of the most insipid dire and embarrassing performances I have seen from a player in the blue and white in recent years (and that include some utter rancid performances from the likes of Pelopessy, Bothroyd and that c word we had in loan from Derby)

6 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

He got it wrong imo with the line up first half. We need to have a massive engraving on the wall in the South Stand where the manager goes in to work which says

“Bannan and Palmer in a midfield 2 = suicidal = does not work/has never worked/will never work”

Also Musaba didn’t help by turning in one of the most insipid dire and embarrassing performances I have seen from a player in the blue and white in recent years (and that include some utter rancid performances from the likes of Pelopessy, Bothroyd and that c word we had in loan from Derby)

It was the same midfield 2 at QPR and they did fine.

The issue is linked to who we play. Palmer can play a certain role in midfield, which is very limited, but will be useful against certain opposition. He's fine against a passive midfield that will be bypassed often and who won't press or run beyond you. Norwich are none of those things and hence he wasn't up to the job.